Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't fancy relying on the gunk stuff, so bought a spare wheel, tyre and fixings from Glyn Hopkins. Total was nearly £200 with the 5% discount and they also fitted the tyre to the rim free (I would hope they would do that anyway!)Loaded it in the car this afternoon, one handed, (see my other post ref A&E!) the only thing I had to work out was where the jack went, then I spotted the snap-on cover in the tray, flicked it out and put the jack in, opened it slightly so it is a tight fit and alls well.I usually have UltraSeal tyre sealant fitted to all my tyres as well, this is the next job. I found that the tyre sealant helps keep the tyre pressures up - on my Note, I checked the pressures regularly and they never seemed to change. Same on other cars I have owned as well. Use it on my motorcycles. Worth it, in my opinion.Jeff

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Jeff, I've ordered the Space Saver Wheel Kit from Glyn Hopkins (and the tyre) - do I need anything else? Is it obvious where the space saver fits, and do you have to remove any of the existing "trunk trays"? Sorry for the questions, the car isn't here right now, wife has it at work... Thanks,

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Hi Red-juke welcome to the forum dont forget to say hi in the newbie sectionthe tray is fine with the spare wheel in place the tray houses the Jack wheel brace and handle that you will also need to buy along with the securing bolt for the spare Glyn hopkins will be able to supply you all those parts aswell

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Red-Juke.If you bought the kit from GH, it will come with everything you need, jack etc etc.The jack fits in the tray, you have to pop out a bit of plastic which hides one of the cut-outs needed for the jack to sit in; took me a few minutes to work it out! Everything else fits in the tray in part-shaped areas. The bolt and wheel clamp simply screw in. Even comes with a "50" sticker to stick on the rim - max speed you can do when using it. Easy!Jeff
jthspace2013-04-30 19:37:56

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the replies - the wheel arrived from Glynn Hopkin a couple of days ago, and as you said, it did contain everything needed to install it in the car. The spacesaver spare wheel fits in the bottom of the boot well, and is secured in place by a bolt (provided in the kit). The other pieces, wheel brace, jack etc. all fit into the existing plastic tray. The smaller plastic tray with gunk and ContiMobility kit of course no longer fits in the wheel well, I just took it out of the car all together.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts