Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my new Juke but am wondering whether or not it would be sensible to purchase a spacesaver spare wheel or not given that the replacement cost of a 17" Continental is around the £150 mark (ouch!).As you will know once you've used the emergency do da thats your tyre finished so maybe in the long run it would be cheaper to buy a spare so I can at least get a puncture repaired. Has anyone out there purchased one of these cheaply or at a reasonable price and if so can you tell me from where?. Enjoying my Juke!. Nala

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Hi Nala, welcome to the forum. I have a Qashqai Space saver in the boot of mine purchased it off ebay for £50 slightly wider than the Juke and a snug fit but does the job as I had to use it. I also OK'd this with the Nissan dealer first and he assured me it was fine. I also got my jack for £10 its from an x trail doesnt not fit where it should but is in the boot Good luck searching for them they are out there but scarce failing that if you have to go new try Holdcroft or GH parts both members of the forum and do good deals to members over the retail price for the kit

·
Registered
185 Posts
I bought my from Glyn Hopkin online- wasn't happy with the gunk and the wait for
RAC didn't encourage me to rely on them.!

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Fred wrote:I' m lost.... are you saying you don't get a spare tire when you bought your car?That is correct Fred here in Europe the 2WD models do not comes with a spare just an inflation kitthe 4wd does but this is only a space saver

·
Super Moderator
2,270 Posts
Nope, no spare - it's not uncommon these days. You do get an instant mobility kit which will get you moving again if it's a puncture of about 5mm or less but it's designed only to get you to a tyre shop and then you'll almost certainly need a new tyre as they will probably refuse to repair it.

After some research by someone on the other forum, I went for an unused spacesaver from a jeep cherokee from ebay - cost me 20 for the wheel and tyre and another 12 for a 1.5 tonne scissor jack from ebay plus about 10 for the fixing kit - all fits where it should. Also bought a tyre plugger kit which is what I'd use first.actd2012-08-15 07:16:03

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yeah I was shocked when I realized there was no spare and like you say the gunk will ruin the tyre! First thing I did was check eBay and they fetch silly money. Just as cheap to buy a used alloy with tyre same as oe spec.
Using a space saver off another vehicle is an interesting idea if anyone can post vehicles with same stud pattern that would be great.
So the qq space saver fits?
Thanks

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
QQ fits is slightly wider tread but I checked this out with John at Holdcroft before I purchased minecost £50 from ebay. Its a very tight fit but it does the job.I have to say that although in my opinion still expensive both the parts dealers on the forum do do a good deal on the spare and the jack kit that being Holdcroft and Glyn hopkin Partsonline

·
Super Moderator
2,270 Posts
Ria wrote:
Using a space saver off another vehicle is an interesting idea if anyone can post vehicles with same stud pattern that would be great.
Thanks

Yes, the Jeep Cherokee.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts