Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of buying the Spoiler for my force red Juke but don't really want to be drilling in to my car myself as don't really know what i'm doing.Can anyone advise on what kind of price I should be paying for a fully painted force red spoiler?Also who in the west midlands would be the cheapest / best place to take it to get fitted?CheersPhil

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
I would say that £100 - £150 ish would be reasonable fitting wise 2 holes have to be drilled so that locating pins can be placed in to locate the spoiler which is actually bonded on Cannot recommend anywhere to go as not in the midlands

·
Registered
445 Posts
some rear spoilers actually come with a template included to mark the holes for drilling, just start with a very small drill or cone drill to enlarge the holes big enough for the screwsi agree with deks though 100-150 should get it painted in a bodyshop and you could always ask them nicely to fit it as it wouldnt take them more than half an hour to do it. will be buying mine soon too, already blagged our bodyshop to paint mine soon

·
Registered
445 Posts
does it still need the tailgate drilling with the genuine one ? seen one or two that need drilling but not sure if they are aftermarket ones only that need drill

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
From what I read it's the genuine ones that require drilling but may be mistaken.I just think it makes the Juke look a bit more sporty so that's the main reason I want to get one fitted.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
The genuine one does require drilling to fit the locating pins in the spoiler itself is bonded to the tailgate but uses locating pins to get correct position and hold it while glue goes off

·
Registered
374 Posts
As Deks says, however the locating pins can be removed, tbh don't know weather or not to drill out holes yet,
Will ask my mate who owns a body shop best practice.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
when the bodyshop di my first one i recall them moaning about the pinsI never asked if they drilled the second one or just bonded it polyeurethane sikka flex will hold it no problem its just whether or not it will stay where it needs to be while cureing

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Deks wrote: when the bodyshop di my first one i recall them moaning about the pins
I never asked if they drilled the second one or just bonded it

polyeurethane sikka flex will hold it no problem its just whether or not it will stay where it needs to be while cureing

May be there to make sure it goes on straight too

·
Registered
445 Posts
we stick the boot lid spoilers on the jaguars with sikka flex, once its bonded it wont shift then, as deks says just wether the juke spoiler would sit in place while it cures, i wll be drilling mine and bonding it to make sure its well fitted,

·
Super Moderator
714 Posts
Hi piliff, No mate I just love all the mod's that you guy's put on your motors, it lets me see just what is possible for the Juke.
Unfortunately I am on my pension so very frugal with my dosh (money for you southerners),But I love all the photo's that are put on the forum..

Keep it up guy's and gal's.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts