Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I picked up my brand new Juke a few weeks ago, there was a problem with the 'Driver Info' button (on the climate control module) sticking on. It slowly released after a long while.The Garage, booked it in for a replacement module unit (Apparently these are £800 each -ouch!), which they did this morning. I've just come back from the garage as after a short motorway trip, the new unit has started to do exactly the same thing!!!! Same button, same issue! Is anyone else having this problem?The irony is that last night I checked the button and it seemed to be working fine . (I hadn't used it for the last few weeks) When I rang the garage this morning to explain they said they'd change it anyway as it has been authorized by Nissan as a warranty repair.Whats going on here? Anyone else ever had this issue? The service manager was very apologetic and seemed equally confused by it all, he said he'll order another one. So another trip to book in.Your views/ideas welcome!Bemused! and frustrated
Mach132013-05-17 15:59:43

·
Super Moderator
713 Posts
Hi Mach, This is the first time that I can recall anyone having this problem, If these units are as you say £800 then IMO they might have just taken it out and tried to lubricate it with electrical spray before replacing the whole unit.
It can happen that two units can fail but very rare, book it back in and let them sort it out for you.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm having the same issue with stick?ng button on the right in the middle. looks like I have the same problem as you, and we have only owned since Thursday, spoke with dealer asked us to phone back on Tuesday to get them to have a look and sort it out

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
paulbryan1969 wrote:I'm having the same issue with stick?ng button on the right in the middle. /QUOTE]
Sorry to hear that, perhaps there is a 'batch' issue afteral. I made sure my dealership saw the issue straight away, and they were very responsive. The strange thing is that the 'stickyness' did clear from time to time (with the second unit also). It seemed to manifest itself after a reasonable drive (10-15 miles). I'm wondering whether there's something (residue?) beneath the button that reacts to heat/cold.Mines been back (3rd time) and it now seems ok, but 'i'll reserve saying that it's fixed until I've driven it for a while. The dealership have given me their warranty repair reference for the repair and i'll be contacting Nissan Customer service about it in due course (or sooner if more 'posted' issues arise).Thing is the intermittent nature of it is quite puzzling, perhaps, in time, if more occur there will be enough evidence for a proper review of it.I'll be interested to hear how you get on with it...Rgds M

·
Registered
104 Posts
This does look like this is an issue, I agree when the car is cold the button works fine, but when out and the car is warmed up the button just say stuck, then causing the whole system to be non responsive.
Re spray the button I wouldn't as you don't want any come back from Nissan that could invalidate your warranty.

Will keep you posted!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
paulbryan1969 wrote:re spraying the button...Yes it seems a natural thing to try to try a spray, but i'd agree, best to let the dealership sort it out. Seems its early days on this being recognized as a batch issue, but no doubt more will arise in time if it is.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
merseydiver wrote:Yep I'm suffering with the sticky I-CON button. This is a known issue according to my dealer. My problem is they can't seam to get the right colour replacement.is there more than one colour???

·
Registered
104 Posts
Well the juke went to the dealer today to sort the button out, it didn't happen for them, but the said they cleaned and put some silicone spray on, so I'll be keeping an eye on it, as when it sticks in the unit is absolutely inoperable until the button comes back out so fingers crossed

·
Registered
11 Posts
Picked up my Acenta 4 weeks ago and now have the sticky driver
info centre and foot well climate control button
problem will be in touch with dealer to
see about getting it fixed don't think it's worth trying to squirt it with
silicon spray best leave it to NISSAN

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.