Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my new white Acenta Premium about 3 weeks ago and covered about 600 miles and already there are 2 stone chips 1 on the front of the bonnet and the other on the front near side door.
My question is
Are solid colours more prone to stone chips, all my previous cars have been metallic and have had very few over many thousands of miles.
I know solid colours used to be more prone to chips as they didn't have a top coat of lacquer , but these days I assume all paint have a clear top coat.
What do other White Juke owners find.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Sorry to hear on such a new car.

I would be of the same opinion that a lacquered metallic or pearlescent would be marginally tougher. I know there are various threads about the poor quality of Nissan paint and I seem to recall that there have been reports of poor quality finishes on white Jukes. I can't quite recall if this was a past issue since rectified.

Not the answer, and I know you will always be reliant on good fortune, but I always try to leave a healthy gap to the car in front (unless overtaking).

Touch up tip; a modelling brush or cocktail stick depending on the depth of damage.

·
Super Moderator
2,270 Posts
15k miles and no chips, gun metallic but I also have the juke bonnet protector which I think is a worthwhile addition. Alternatively, lamin-x do a clear film headlamp protector - don't see why it can't be used as a bodywork protection.The nissan touch pens are very good - water based and has a neat sponge to smooth the touched area.

·
Registered
165 Posts
It is the luck of the draw.My wife had a new car and there were stone chips on the front bumper. The car had been collected from another local dealership as it was a stock car. The bumper was put right before we accepted the car.

·
Registered
445 Posts
with the touch up, try building it up slowly with thin coats using a little compound between the coats, this way you can make a very good job of conceiling the chips,all new cars these days are laquered even solid colours, years ago only metallic had a laquer coat but makers learnt that solid colours were fading too much due to sunlight so the laquer is now applied to all to help protect, even keeping a good coat of hard wax will help give some protection.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.