Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just picked up my new Juke 1.5dci Tekna. The manual says it has stop start technology and that the engine will switch off when at a stand still in neutral, hand brake on but that doesn't happen with mine? Is it not actually on the tekna or am I doing something wrong?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi old bloke, I don't think mine has, was never told it had it but both my quick guide and owners manual describes this but it doesn't make any reference to (if this optional extra is fitted)darren402013-03-14 22:34:10

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Hi Darren, the stop/start is only on a specific N/a 1.6 model. I expect the handbook as said above is just a generic book for all models and leaves the owners to work out which bits relate to his actual spec. i would guess that at some point is a disclaimer saying where fitted or similar. Rest assured you car isn't broken the item you ask about just inst fitted.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Hi Darren40, Welcome to
the Juke Owners Group. The Uk's only juke owners forum

owned and maintained by Genuine Juke Owners for Juke Owners.

The club is run on contributions by members which allows the
site to be advertising free with all monies rasied going toward running costs,
web fees, club meet costs, and competition prizes.

By contributing to
the running costs of the club (£6 or £10 including a club car sticker) you get
full access to all sections and the pm system. Please see this thread on how to support the
forum. Discounts in the members area on purchases of some accessories and other related items

www.jukeownersgroup.com/how-to-support-the-juke-owners-group-forum_topic606.html?FID=3&PR=3

Also we have our
range of clothing and merchandise which
generates an income for the forum as well.

The admin team and moderators provide their time free of charge but we
cannot unfortunately get the hosting for free.

Once again welcome to
"JOG" we hope you enjoy the forum and join in the fun on the forum.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Darren C again! Lol
I'm having problems mate about the spec of my car. The armrest and connect2 issue - seems to be in everyone's tekna ordered before mine and mine doesn't have it. It's kind of chewing away at me. The brochure states the armrest from jan 2013 so that's in my favour and my mate who works at nissan is getting the date the new connect started being fit. As I've read on here already Nissan customer services are as mush use as a snowsuit in the desert! Lol I've got 7 days to get resolution to have any leverage with the finance company. Taking the shine off having a new car. But hey my family and I are healthy:)

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Darren I received an official response from Nissan re the modifications and basically its not clear cut that all models will have the new parts as its a rolling program using up the old parts. If the brochure states that cars built after Jan have them you may have some leverage but bewareNissan could point that built after isnt supplied aftertake my November 2012 supplied to order Juke rolled of the production line in August I know this as the chassis number told me so. I am not sure how much these added bits mean to you but try a compromise like ask the dealer to retro fit the armrest as a good will

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You are right they don't make it a better car but on principal it is bugging me. Nissan customer service guy was useless so he's speaking to his manager (won't hold my breath) dealer offered to supply armrest at cost price. Nissan finance don't won't me to cancel finance within the 14 days so said to ring them back if Nissan or dealer don't resolve as they say they can do something about it. Trading standards say if no one does anything then they will take up a case of 'supply of goods (implied terms) act. However I don't want to go through all that and would much prefer Nissan to show some good will, after all a tekna isn't cheap is it and considering the two things missing were also used to sell the car to me.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I was told by Nissan Customer services that Connect 2 would be on all Jukes built after 01/02/2013. Checked out my new Nismo at the dealers yesterday and definitely has the Connect 2 fitted.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for that Gismo I need that information for leverage. My juke was ordered on 11th February but don't know the process, does that order go to the factory and get built or does Nissan stock pile them and mine could have been there parked in their lot for months? If so why does it take a month to get to the dealers. I just can't figure what's gone on.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I believe you can tel from the chassis or vin number when the car was built but not sure how you do it. I suspect Deks will help you out with that info.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
When you order a car its sent to the factory, if one exists already it makes sense to send it before building another. Ordinarily Nissan dont build cars and stock pile them, however if enough vehicles havent been sold then they have to put something on the line to be built. On that basis they will add in popular choices of vehicle that will likely sell quickly. Delivery is down to an agent and it will be shipped out when the agent has a load to go in that direction or as oon as space is available As i said before a car supplied after Feb 13 is not necessarily a car built after feb 13 which btw all Nismo were so will have the new connect.Darren40 Your dealer knows all of this and if he has told you that YOUR car will have the new parts in then he needs to sort this out for you.I have an official letter from Nissan and it states on it no specific date for new parts on can be given as we need to protect the dealers from being stuck with run out stock

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks gismo and decks, valuable information. Its looking like my car must have been built last year. My issue is the things missing were used as a selling point before I ordered a car. To me its like stating its coming with leather seats then it doesn't, at what point do you accept it? Away well the fight continues. Thanks guys for your support.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Darren IMO this is a dealer issue not Nissan, if the dealer clearly told you the car would have them then he needs to sort it. Personally I cant see the benefit of the new connect unless you want to pay for google extras. The armest however is a simple issue that simple requires the dealer to hand one over Good luck getting it sorted. I hate salesman that delibereately mislead to get a sale then dont back up what they stated

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.