Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got a bit of useful info from a friend at nissan you may wish to consider apparently and id like a member with storm white to verify this : cars that come in storm white are only storm white on the outside (with doors shut exterior) , all internal parts inc door shuts under bonnet ect are arctic white and dont match this is from the horses mouth so i have no reason to doubt italso, well heres what he sent :hi CraigThe door shuts on storm white cars are only painted with the acrtic white and theres too much of a contrast to the storm white, it looks terrible Also any paint repairs are supposed to be really difficult to get any sort of a match on the storm white paint, allegedly the full car has to be put back through the spray booth and all done again which you will pay for ......i would hate to think what a smart repair would look like!

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Isn't it just that Nissan don't finish the interior panels the same as the exterior? On my old 350Z, the 370Z and Sarah's Juke the inside of the bonnet is the same colour as the car but it doesn't have the clear coat.That said, the door shuts are finished properly.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Craig if you remember the factory tour when at the paint section Barry commented on how Nissan paint the interior parts a similar colour to external.I know for the most part the doors shuts tend to match the exterior as they do on my red one, but given the cost of the storm white paint as an option I am not surprised that they are skimping on the shuts.Also it may be me but when I saw the storm white one at the dealers I struggled to see the difference from an arctic white although the 2 were not together, what i did notice was the more crean like bumpers and spoiler. I have to say should I ever now buy a Nismo it will be silver or most likely Black

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just had it confirmed that only the closed exterior is storm heres from another source :Yes I' ve seen cars at my local Nissan dealer in storm white - open the doors or boot and its arctic white. The local sales people daren't mention it to buyers - in fact some buyers are changing to gun metal if they notice the difference in the salesroom - personally I think they look as though they've been sprayed by an apprentice. Trouble is the storm white looks "dirty" white, against arctic white and you notice it.
ctrdetailing2013-03-10 19:23:00

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i think this is terrible , if i had chosen storm (which i may have if it had been available in december) i would be fuming poor show by nissan here and they should at least let you know so you then had the choice

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
I have to say someone else said to me their was finish issues with the Nismo I took this to be panel problems or the kit, looks like it may be the colour. I am beginning to thank my lucky stars that I didnt get the deal I wanted as I would be seething at least if I get one later on I will be aware of what I am ordering

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im still a bit shocked tbh , ive been told the pearl black has always been flat black under the bonnet but im guessing as theres only one black that its the same shade just without the flake which is understandable i suppose but to use a completely different shade of white to do main areas like door shuts ect is amazing and i see what the guy means by it makes storm look dirty against flat arctic white as storm has a yellow tint to it which is great on its own but against a bright white like arctic it must be really obvious , and once i know its there it would drive me insane

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
It's so wrong I am struggling to believe this is the case. How do they even do it? How does one colour finish and another start? Does it look like overspray?

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
if this is the case and Like craig I have no reason to doubt it then they will mask the edges to paint the outsideone thing i am puzzled with is the white nismo I saw at the dealers looked white clean and not the dirty white I assume the storm to take on think I need to see the 2 close together.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
oh,here we go again is it i ordered one in storm white not half and half when i've paid £20,000 for a car i expect it all over or there otherwise is going to be some serious negotiation,imagine going to a car show and having the **** ripped out of you"can't you afford the rest of the paint mate"that is not on.i'm going in tommorow so will look at there demo car then mine before handing over ins docs it could be that i reject it .

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
storm white if you see a mushroom cloud it will be me over what appears to be a half- baked paint job,if this is the case something needs to be done to put this paint right.This was a £579 and a few pence extra not give to to me i'm fuming.I no this paint is expensive but all viewable surfaces should be the same colour they can put what colour they like under the rest of the panels.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i agree gadget , certainly hasnt impressed me , i have a lot of members just ordered new qashqai 360's in storm white , they will be checking tomorrow to see if there the same , the guy is on the juke line so wasnt sure about the qq but guessing there the same

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
thanks ctrd,this is my first nissan and i might end up rejecting it unless they can come up with a satisfactory solution being two tone white is going to drive me up the wall and backdown, one solution might be to paint the door shuts,bonnet and boot black and put pinstripe in red on the panels if that is feasible this would match the roof lineing and eliminate the arctic white or they are going to have to provide me with vehicle fully painted in the colour i ordered and the rest of the storm white customers have got to do the same and make a stand and reject them. it's a proverbial pain and it should not be the case.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Omg
This is worrying with three weeks to handover for me as I'm a detailing enthusiast to say the least
Infact the demo was parked up next to the normal white and the salesman ,misses and myself all complimented how much better the storm white finish was with a lovely glitter sparkle to it compared to normal white
I never noticed the door shuts to be honest
It would be just as an expensive process ,I would imagine to have it sprayed in different whites

Maybe Nissan customer services should check out this thread information ?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Did Nissan carry out the same procedure with the Pearl White AWD Jukes? Thankfully we chose Red as the Pearl White was a similar colour to the Storm, very creamy looking.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts