Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some times when I start my Juke (especially from cold) there is a pumping type noise that stops after a short drive, is this normal or something that needs fixing ?
It does not seem to effect any thing just a a bit strange.

Advice please -as I don't what to break down or be doing any mechanical damagemellon man2013-03-16 09:56:05

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
i have a diesel (number2) this and my last one makes a funny sound briefly when I stop and get out though it stps with in seconds I did wonder if it was a fault at first but never had a problem in 2.5 years so assume its normal. However yours seems to be on start up so if in doubt drop it into the dealer and seek their advice

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
likely to be the air con unit would be my guesstry turning it off when you next get out (so that it is off when you next start it up), to see if that sorts it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Further investigation, Not Air Con. Noise seems to be there all the time but probably don't notice as much when moving plus with fan and back ground noise but can here it when you realy listen or when stopped and it's quiet outside.
Hard to pin point where coming from does not seem to be coming from engine or boot area,.
Where is the fuel pump situated
Can you tell it's getting to me now.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just back from local Nissan garage, The Pumping noise is from where the fuel enters the fuel pipe from the fuel pump at the rear right hand side. They say Nissan are aware of the problem and looking into how to cure it, told then when they solve it there will either be a recall or will contact owners who have reported it.

I would be interested if any one else has had the same problem and what they were told

This is the second case they know of at this dealership (just my luck). Don't know why it's happening or whats causing it but claim it does not effect the running of the Juke and there is no danger.
They say I will have to put up with it till cure is found, not happy as find it annoying and embarrassing especially when it traffic ques.

Please can other Forum members tell me what they feel my next step should be as I have only owned the Juke for a few weeks mellon man2013-03-19 18:21:18

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
mellon man I will ask my contact at Nissan if they are aware of it and if its being looked at by technical dept There isnt much you can do other than wait until a cure for the issue is found.The technical centre is in the UK and is very good at solving issuesthe bumper issue raised by a few of us a few years ago was sorted even though it took a few months we got there in the end I also know they are still working on the seat latch rattle so things do take timeall I can suggest is to nudge the dealer every so often in case a remedy has been found but they forgot to notify you.You could also log it with NCS and ask them to notify you as soon as remedy is available

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Deks would be interested to know if your contact is aware of problem and if so how near to a solution.
Good to hear that they are good at solving problems and hope this is the case with this one, in the meen
time I guess I''ll have to live with it, keep naging dealer and turn my radio up lhigh.

Does NCS stand for nissan customer services mellon man2013-03-19 20:55:26

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Knowing front line NCS first line of response will be "This is the first Nissan have heard of this issue"Dont worry that seems to be a standard response and not unique to Nissan either. I have emailed Nissan a copy of this thread and await a response, which I will get one way or the other and will relay what I can when I get it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Excellent response from N. C. S. Telephoned me to say they are dealing with my complaint and corresponding with the Technical department and will ring me again next Tuesday before 5pm, as in there words "The Noise issue is spoiling my driving experience" . So all positive so far will post update when I have more news.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
mellon man wrote:Excellent response from N. C. S. Telephoned me to say they are dealing with my complaint and corresponding with the Technical department and will ring me again next Tuesday before 5pm, as in there words "The Noise issue is spoiling my driving experience" . So all positive so far will post update when I have more news.Excellent result, I havent heard back yet myself, but clearly it looks like the issue is being addressed and you cant ask for more than that.As i said previously given the technical centre a bit of time to look into the issue if they are on it they will solve it, it just doesnt happen overnight.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
UPDATE : N C S phoned today (a day late and only after I e mailed them) said spoken to Nissan Technical Europe and they are working on problem trying to get some new parts made that should solve problem results due soon.
Asked how soon he could not say but in his many years of dealing with Nissan Technical Europe soon could mean buy the end of the year!
He has made a note to keep an eye out for any new developments, and will phone me with update 0n 26 /04 /2013.
Well at least there on the case, and what the Local dealer told me was correct.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
I havent heard back from my contact yet as he is on leave for 2 weeks. He did call me Monday to say he was on leave so I left it there and will talk to him when he is back Technical dept will solve the issue it just takes time

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
8 months plus onHad a call today from my contact at NCS and at last they have apparently worked out a fix to cure my and others Strange annoying pumping noise he said dealers will be getting this news and fixing kits over next few days. He will phone me next week to arrange a appointment with local dealer to get it fixed will post updates when I have more news.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
AT LAST, faulty part has now been replaced and the modification kit seems to have fixed the problem.And far play to Wessex Garages Cardiff they on this occasion were excellent, very obliging, courtesy car waiting for me with half a tank of free fuel (OK it was a Micra but at least it was only for a day and told the misses she had to were a woolly hat and we weren't allowed to go more than 27 MPH ! ) Juke was ready on time all washed and vacuumed so well pleased.N C S were on the phone to me a couple of days later for my feed back and if there was anything else that they could help me with.So all's well that ends well even if it took a long timeAlso good news to those owners with similar problems the fixing kits are at all main dealers now just give your nearest a ring and I am sure they will sort it out for you.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.