Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i picked up my juke last month, i have now covered 350miles, 100 of those were a nice run to mallory park, so nice dual carriageways & country lanes to stretch her legs! The rest are the daily drive to work and back.
The 1st week i noticed when i got home & parked in the garage a very strong smell of hot rubber, i put it down to being a new car.
Four weeks down the line its still smelling if anything its stronger & today i smelt it inside the car while driving home from work.

Did anyone else get this smell ?
or do i need to take it back to the dealers ?kimi2012-08-24 19:48:43

·
Registered
185 Posts
What type of car mats do you have? Are they rubber? The reason I ask is that I had a similar problem, took it into the dealer who took the rubber boot mat out and guess what the car smelt less rubbery , they put it back and smell is back mine is 4 months old and the mat stills smells. .

Not saying that yours is the same just a thought.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have carpet mats so its not that,
when i got home today my husband lifted the bonnet as he could smell it strong outside the car, leaned over my engine an said the smell was coming from down the back by the turbo area.
i'm worried now no-one else has had this problem

·
Registered
185 Posts
Take it in to the dealer and get it checked, they can at least put your mind at rest. Hope all is well.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
I would call into your dealer at the earliest opportunity, even if it is nothing its best to get it checked out as soon as possible just incase.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Just as a passing comment on burning, my wife was driving home from a local event one night and when she got home told me that she had smelt burning, turns out that her nearside front suspension had gone, support cup under the spring had collapsed and it was the inside tyre wall wearing through. Moral of this story, do not ignore burning smells. Tc

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im taking her into nissan on tuesday, better to be safe like you say

my hubby has taken a real good look around, and cant see anything wrong,
hes been underneath ..........oh and the underseal is still wet! his shirt proves that

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i took Daisy to Nissan this afternoon after work,they sent a nissan techy with me to where she was parked. i explained about the burning rubber smell as we walked towards the car,then when i lifted the bonnet he said "is that the smell?" it hit him as the bonnet opened!He said that is normal, its the rubber hose that goes to the Turbo getting hot,he also said that its Nissan using cheap rubber hoses so i'm happy again like was said above it was better to be safe than sorry. I did google the problem before i took it to nissan & google returned a USA juke forum,where they had also been having the same smell
kimi2012-08-28 18:43:04

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'm glad it all worked out for you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Kimi, A week or so ago I smelt a strong smell of hot rubber when I parked after a fairly casual 30 min run. I didn't notice anything else until yesterday when I drove about 30 mins with a short burst down a motorway at 85 ish followed by 10 mins at 40 so when I parked it wan't red hot. I smelt the same hot rubber smell. So I'm wondering if you have noticed it some more and if you did anything else about it. If it really is a turbo hose it probably won't last all that long. I think I'll write to the dealer and register that I noticed it and maybe insist on replacement under warranty when it goes for first service.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts