Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the sun strip. Sarah could do with one of those because the sun visors don't get close enough to the rear view mirror.Did you get a JUKE specific one or just cut up a length of vinyl?

·
Registered
44 Posts

just cut and trimmed up a length of vynal..

is it just white or are all juke bug killers? just been to pick the other half up from work hours cleaning and after a 45mile round trip the front needs doing again!

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Paul_S wrote:I like the sun strip. Sarah could do with one of those because the sun visors don't get close enough to the rear view mirror.Did you get a JUKE specific one or just cut up a length of vinyl?like this

·
Registered
44 Posts
im most likely going to do it again next weekend there are a couple of creases in it and i want it to be spot on.. now i know the other half approves (i did it without telling her) ill re-do it..

there are juke specific ones i have just found theis on e-bay :-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSAN-JUKE-11-5-SUN-STRIP-PRE-CUT-CAR-WINDOW-TINT-KIT-AUTO-FILM-/270945954255?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f15a329cf

i just used this for the first attempt :-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Sunstrip-20cm-8Inch-wide-1-4m-long-Universal-fit-/290568526231?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item43a73bd997

the top one is allot more expencive but would look more OEM..raceworx2012-08-05 21:47:35

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice job I must do that myself. It looks like you did it on the inside (am I right?) I've seen someone put it on the outside but apart from the fact it's easier to fit it doesn't make much sense to me.

·
Registered
44 Posts
no outside.. inside would be a right pain in the backside! getting it round the rear veiw ect.. the tint film one might go on the inside (pre cut) but most go on the outside

video guide :-

Deks2012-08-05 22:02:46

·
Registered
44 Posts
they do but i found this bit of advise :-
It used to be that anything that obscured the view of the road by more than 10mm zone A and more than 40mm remaining swept area would fail, however VOSA changed the idea by saying the NT had to be sat in the drivers seat when assessing the criteria, so damage behind the interior mirror greater than 040mm which cannot be readily seen is a pass and advise, then if the wiper blade length is encroaching over the sunstrip, and you can't see the blade through it, then you can't prove the blade is more than 10mm or 40mm over it, and therefore the sunstrip does not encroach into the zone A or swept area beyond the criteria, so again a pass and advise. Now if the sunstrip is so low that you just know the presenter is taking the P*ss, and your eye line is over it then I would probably fail it at that point.
i have also read this :-

as i understand it from local traffic police, a sunstrip cannot go more than 20mm into sweep of wipers, regardless of inside, outside, solid, or tinted, however the factory fitted top-tinted windscreens are no problem, many of which go much more than 40mm into wiper sweep, work that 1 out???i drive a transit connect van, and i had a vinyl exterior sunstrip on mine with company livery on it and still had a bigger screen area than just about anything else on the road, the screens in these vans are huge to start with and they have the biggest sunvisors in history, they come twice the distance down the screen than the vinyl did, needless to say the local plod werent 2 happy about it mostly because my van isnt tinted so they had to find something else wrong with it, i also just changed the wiper blades to compensateanyway, as far as i understand anything more than 40mm into wiper sweep is an mot failure
ill check it when i next have chance and see how much it fouls by.. personally i think it will pass.. and if you get the tint one that looks factory fit i dont think many mot places are botherd..

·
Registered
44 Posts
also abit more info for future reference
4. In Zone 'A'a. This inspection applies to All vehicles ( including those with opening windscreens)Windscreen Referring to the diagram aboveexamine the swept area of the windscreen and the driver's view through it. 4. In Zone 'A'damage not contained within a 10mm diameter circle, orb. a windscreen sticker or other obstruction encroaching more than 10mmc. a combination of minor damage areas which seriously restricts the driver's viewIn the remainder of the swept area:d. damage not contained within a 40mm diameter circle, ore. a windscreen sticker or other obstruction encroaching more than 40mmNote: All the items listed in the information column should be taken into account before rejecting a vehicle.Zone A is

in swept area of windscreen
290mm wide
centred on the centre of the steering wheelSun VisorsSunvisors fitted to the driver's side, which cannot be stowed in the 'off screen' position and which drop down obstructing the view through the swept area of the windscreen are a reason for rejection. A similar defect on the passenger side sunvisor is not a reason for rejection.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts