Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really miss not having a sunroof, all of my recent cars (other than the present Note) have had sunroofs or totally glass roof (Citroen Picassa). The Juke in the U.S. has an electric roof that opens up and out - I have seen that Webasto make one in the U.K. for the Juke.We also have a Smart car which has a glass roof and after driving that and getting in the Note, it seems positively dark!Webasto make roofs for the majority of the car manufacturers as factory fit items but also supply as after-market. I have been quoted £399 for an electric Webasto 300 model, or £1500 for a double size one.If you only remove roof panel metal and NOT the roof internal spars, then there is no strength difference to the body; so a Webasto 300 would fit the criteria for me.Some people have said to me that this will seriously affect the second-hand value but as I plan to keep this car for 5 years, I do not believe it will make that much difference.Anyway, peoples's ideas / thoughts / comments would be appreciated.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Personal choice but, 1, I don't like the street lights flashing through them at night time as you drive past each one, 2, I have had 2 cars with factory fitted units which both eventually leaked and stained the head linings. Therefore I am not a great fan of them. Hey Ho everyone to their own.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, know what you mean at night; the Webasto has a pull across blind in head-liner colour.My Son's "learn to drive in car" was a 15 year old Metro with a manual pop-up sun roof which had shown some signs of leaking, but I think that was down to no-one cleaning the rubber seal twice a year and talcum powering them. I took it apart, cleaned the road grimeoff it, adjusted the pull on the handle and it was O.K. after that.Same as one should do for door rubbers to stop them freezing / sticking in winter.Appreciate your thoughts, though, valuable insight!Jeff

·
Registered
663 Posts
not a lot of use i know but i used to work at Webasto, they are based just outside Sutton Coldfield in the West Midlands, not far from me..they are a top quality roof

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep would love that one but £1400, the 300 model I have been quoted at £400 fitted at a place in Colchester, Essex.

It works in a similar way, and about the same size, but a single sheet of glass but when opening the glass opens above the roof and not between the lining and roof, which is why it is a quarter of the price.

Jeffjthspace2013-02-15 18:09:09

·
Registered
131 Posts
jthspace wrote:Yep would love that one but £1400, the 300 model I have been quoted at £400 fitted at a place in Colchester, Essex. It works in a similar way, and about the same size, but a single sheet of glass but when opening the glass opens above the roof and not between the lining and roof, which is why it is a quarter of the price. Jeff
Want me to get a quote from this garage ?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Juk5ster, Might be a good idea to get an alternative quote!As mentioned, the Colchester garage quoted me the figures mentioned. One near Bedford quoted me slightly higher (by a few 10's).Thanks for offering - maybe if a few got together we could negotiate a deal?Jeff

jthspace2013-02-15 19:31:42

·
Registered
147 Posts
Very Impressed, plus it looks like you get what you pay for. If you are cutting into the roof I suggest you want a top notch job. A guy at work went for a budget option in his (not a juke) and it has been nothing but trouble

1 - 20 of 59 Posts