Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,Anyone else had the SupaGard InteriorGard option applied? The reason I ask is because I paid for it, but when I dropped water on the door upholstery I expected it to run off. Instead it soaked in.Any thoughts?

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
I dont have it and would never buy it from a stealer. I do have a friend in the cleaning business(household) that was telling me about such products on carpets and basically they dont do what it says on the tin anyway and they have disclaimers for so many thingsAnyway back to supagard, I doubt it would repel water as its not making it water proof, my understanding is its a stain guard thats supposed to stop stains , although you would have thought it would delay it from soaking in a little better than normalOf course you do have the other option whereby maybe the stealer forgot to apply itsorry I waffled on and didnt really answer the question

G

·
Supaguard is overpriced, for same price I could give you enough cleaning products to clean your car to top standards for the next 2-3 years.If you want to know more give me a shout.My new Juke will be getting treated to a New Car Protection Detail when it turns up, using the full range of Autobrite Direct products, which we are authorised resellers of.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
deano wrote:Supaguard is overpriced, for same price I could give you enough cleaning products to clean your car to top standards for the next 2-3 years.If you want to know more give me a shout.My new Juke will be getting treated to a New Car Protection Detail when it turns up, using the full range of Autobrite Direct products, which we are authorised resellers of.

·
Registered
147 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
HelloCan one of you cleaning experts tell me is it worth getting Supagard on my new Juke?I was offered it as they always do and I said no but I would like to know if it is worthgetting it done if you are the sort of person (like me) who can't find the time to regularlypolish their car?Is anyone on here currently buying a new Juke getting it done? Any experience good or bad?Any advice would be welcomed.Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
I will give my answer but I know one or two detailers will come along with the pro advice basically NO. the dealer price is way too much its a rip off, you buy the stuff for about £30 and do it yourself. Or for less than the dealer charges for poorly applying supagard you can get a full detail and sealant applied by many detailing businesses. I will leave the tech info to those really in the know who will surely be along shortly

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Supaguard is a definite NO
The cost as above is less then £30
I have had a couple of kits which I acquired over te years

Fabric spray is ok to spray the seats but you have to top up every six months as it drys up quickly
Wheel protector is ok but no better then any other on the market
The problem is its so overpriced as a priduct
Cost £28 and charged out at £250/£299 by a dealer who then gets a mechanic or valetters to rub it onto the car
Probably takes them kss then 30 minute
I took just over an hour to do a car properly
£299
For that money go for
Chemical guys backlight &18
Chemical guys V7 sealer £18
50/50 paster wax £40
Glossworks shampoo for weekly /fortnight was £10
£90 amd the products would probably last you up to two years maybe longer
Other detailers will come on to recomend their own products as they all do a silmilar job

Go on eBay /amazon to check out the true cost of supaguard or detailing world which is the bible forum for all people interested in cleaning cars will come up with their comments

·
Registered
790 Posts
My advice take it to a detailer for a full protection detail , he will correct the paint first rather than just apply to the car in whatever condition it's in , plus when done properly it will last a couple of years apposed to a poorly prepped car being done that lasts a couple of months

Also remember if the car is swirled and not perfect then you are sealing in the poor paint condition and won't be able to correct it after so do it once and do it properly and you won't have any worries

Most detailers would charge the same or less for a detail that Nissan charge just for applying it and the difference is a detailer will spend a day doing all the work not just 20 minutes

·
Registered
663 Posts
ctrdetailing is the man to listen to as his work is second to none. if i was to have my car done i would willingly travel to him to get a first class job done

·
Registered
23 Posts
In the days of cellulose, a protective coating to the paintwork was a sound investment. Since water based paint became the norm it is doubtful. Paint experts will tell you not to even polish the car, you will lift off a small percentage off the protective coat each time you do. Hose it to get the dirt off, then fill a bucket a quarter full of water, add a cup full of a quality liquid wax wash and apply with a dreadlocks style mitt, then leather off. Do that spring and autumn and you will only need to wash with plain water the rest of the year. Add a little rinse aid if you must. Give it a try, I did so 20 plus years ago and still do today. It even seems to protect the modern alloy wheels.

·
Registered
663 Posts
good evening elderlygent, hope you are well and that you had a good Easter..over the years they come out wiyh all these new fangle dangle products but at the end of the day we always go back to the good old ways of doing things

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thanks very much guys for all the info.Plenty of facts to chew on there.SO in summary Supagard would be okay if it were applied properly and if it weren'tsold at 10 times its worth, but there are much better options.Hmmm. I'll see how my bank account is doing when I get the car and maybe I'll treat her to a professional detailing.Thanks again all!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts