Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
use the search on the forum and you will only see people saying DON'T!!!!!£30 for better stuff and do it yourself in 2 hours, rather than the 30 minutes spent in the dealers when they put it on.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
CTRdetailing will be along soon and I expect could possibly give your car a full detail and sealant(better quality one at that) for a better price than the dealer wants.Also if the dealer doesnt prep and apply properly (which 99.5% dont) then its pointless.I paid £30 for my pot of sealant though it will cost me a fee quid more to have it applied as it needs to go to CTR first for prep and application

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info guys. I will definitely consider looking elsewhere.Price aside, the actual product in principle, do you agree that its worth applying to a new car soon as possible?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Up to now I've only had a 6/7 years plus car so got it done at your run of the mill £15 valeting pit stops, or on a sunny day washed and waxed myself with standard Halford options. But buying a new car, I want to be a little more clued up on the best way to keep it new, and right now I am positively a newbie.You mentioned CTdetailing, I am assuming that's another poster on these forums (am new!) does he offer a detailing service ?thanks

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Ctrdetailing is a member who also does valets/details on cars he is from Essex so good for London and surrounding areas. He has a an excellent knowledge base on how to keep your car looking good and how to repair some cleaning abuse. There are also many members on here with a good knowledge on detailing and keeping it looking good although I think Ctr is the only one who does this commercially.

·
Registered
790 Posts
welcome r3hxn as said dont pay the dealers anything for it , if they offer it for free them maybe but other than that get a detail done , that way you can be sure the painrt is prepped and corrected properly before applying it as it will seal in the bad as well as the good so if your paints not great youll jus be sealing in the bad , i would do a full detail and apply a ceramic sealent for less than nissan want just for the supagard to be slapped on which is far from the best available anyway i did juke5ters white mos just not long ago so if you need any feedback on my work im sure he'll ablige and theres also a few threads on my work in the detailing section here , i also did deks old juke and will soon be doing some work on his new one

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Supa guard is costing a garage maybe £30-£40 a kit
Bags are good quality though and useful for carrying my other products

£200 spent on 2 buckets / grit guards / lambs wool mitt / couple of drying towels
Some quality cloths / clay bar / block and live and maybe 6/8 different products
Such as trim cleaner / good glass cleaner / sealants and of course a decent
Quality wax/ polish would last you for years
As you get into it machine da polisher and fluids £150 and a snow foam and lance
For maybe £80 would keep you busy
All money well spent on a new hobby to look after your car

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks CTR, Definitely something I would be interested in, when I finally get my Juke - end of the month hopefully. Will get in touch nearer the time.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks again CTR, I've decided to take Lordhardings advice take up the hobby for myself :D so have been reading up on what I need, am sure it will keep me busy. Your expert advice is much appreciated though, I made a separate thread in the detailing section.Cheers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts