Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well been considering a remap for a long while nowI first looked at Bluechips about a year ago but then thought a remap would be a better way to gohowever this option has never materialised but I was browsing the other Juke forum and saw that a member on there was selling his and had had it reset to new spec so I purchased it for a bargain £180 it arrived today now to plug it and play Not going to mention it to mrs D i am going to see if she notices the difference on her own I went for the bluechips in the end for 2 reasons 1 cost and the other the ability to add and remove it at will. I except that it wont be tailored to my car or as good as a proper remap but it will do for now.Who knows may even have the remap done and sell the bluefin on at a later date.
Deks2013-04-23 10:59:48

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Deks wrote: Not going to mention it to mrs D i am going to see if she notices the difference on her own Somehow I get the feeling Mrs D might just get a teeny weeny hint here, or when balancing the D household expenditure .

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
household expenditure has nothing to do with it it was paid for out of my business paypal account the question whether or not she will notice the increased torque and power

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I've only ever heard good things about the bluefin, although sadly they've never been available for whatever car I've been in at the time, so have no firsthand experience.

I believe there is a "taking it in for a service and don't want them to rag it" mode, which cuts power even more than the Eco button does - see if Mrs D notices that!

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SO DEVICE arrived the other day. followed instructions last night got the map from the car went to down;load it to superchips, nothing no connection not recognised. Of course me thinking the worst went mad made contact with seller who could not have been more helpful advised me to download the driver from the web not the disc. Done this all working sent data off and got email this morning to say remap is ready to download so done that now just waiting fro the Juke to come home so I can sneal out and add the re mapthen see if she notices tomorrow

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I have uploaded the remap, sadly I been stuck in my fiat doblo all day so a bicycle would seem powerful compared to that. I should have took it round the block first, but heyho
It may just be the placebo effect buti ran tithes the village and a short blast down the dual carriageway it felt more more powerful and it seems to take off quicker

Will see what mrs d thinks tomorrow.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WASTED thats the only word for it. I uploaded the bluefin on the QT wife got home tonight "Notice anything different with the car" I ask blank expression and "no" Why do I bother, mind you I bet she blasts it over the weekend just to see.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Deks I know how you feel about the bluefin and the wife for a slightly different reason.

When I have it in bluefin mode she says my driving is too "yobish" and that we don't need the extra power.

Then when not in bluefin mode she says I drive like a grandad! (@33 I am just too young for this even at modern standards of early farther ship )

I have now started to look for a similar device that I can plug in to the wife's ODB socket to turn on and off the "gobish" effect.

Whilst I know the bhp increase isn't massive (around 18 to 20) I feel the effect of the extra 30 to 40 torques has a very noticeable effect to pull, pickup and smile effect.

Perhaps at a future meet we could do a top gear style test with bluefin'd and normal oil burners on a standing 1/4 mile

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
MrsD had to go out this evening to drop off and pick up the teenage brat. So I just said to her bet you drove the car a bit harder and gave it some wellyI was greeted by this

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
tk juke wrote:
did you find it easy to do ?Once I had the software loaded correctly YESthe disc supplied was not upto date so downloaded it from theirwebsite and bobs your uncle. follow the instructions awaiting email repsonse and job done

·
Registered
72 Posts
Id be interested to see what the fuel consumption is like now.Now that im out of warranty im dying to make some changes.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts