Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
I had a Halfords "Universal" kit, although there seemed to be far too many bits and pieces, once assembled, it did work fine.

However, you will need to fit the electrics for a numberplate / lights as the bikes will obscure your tailgate numberplate. I do not know where you will fit the plug if you cannot fit a trailer hitch.

Question for someone : I flipped the rear mounting cover for the suspension (kerbside) from the boot area and hidden up to the right is a 6-way electrical connector. Is this for the towbar electrics? If it is, then it would be a simple matter to tap off from inside the boot and run a cable through the drain grommet in the boot where the spare wheel is ( should be ) and up outside the car, or perhaps, through the boot opening and close the tailgate over the cable (not ideal, but when necessary . . . )

Jeff

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Not having a towbar or need I cant answer this for certain, but I suspect that is what the commector is forI believe you can buy the electrics kit and these days its seems that modern cars just have a plug in for towbars. I am sure a friendly Nissan parts man can tell us

1 - 5 of 5 Posts