Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Ive come home to my partner complaining..... this time about the car not being able to drive very fast at all.

I have a look at the dash and the Traction control light is on and so is the orange engine light.

To add more annoyance the service spanner light is flashing and showing zero miles left before service.

There is also a green light flashing on the dash.

Worse than anything is when you drive it wont rev past 1800 rpm

has anyone got any idea what might be wrong with it ?

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
without plugging it in to a computer any answer would be a guess.

Best thing is to find someone with an OBD reader or better still local garage who can plug into a proper diagnostic unit

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your suggestion Deks.

I bought an OBD2 reader for £20 from Europarts to clear the faults.

I removed the Pressure sensor on the upper left side of the engine and squirted brake cleaner down the rubber hose that leads into the fixed steel tube that connects onto the rear of the exhaust manifold.

I cut a 15 inch piece of bike brake cable and attached it to my drill,then ran this down the sooted up pipe,nice and slowly all the way down whilst pushing the cable through.

All back together,ran the scan tool then cleared codes.

Car runs perfect with no faults or limp mode.

Had been quoted by a local garage with proper diagnostic unit,around £350 - 400 to fix.......Bit of research and 20 quid later im good thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FIXED IT AT LAST ...... cleared all the fault codes after finding that the injectors were not coded but just zero's.
Recoded them using an Autel 808BT,the stability control wasnt sure what the engine was doing so threw that fault,once the injectors had been coded all is as it should be.
The mech who sorted it said take caution if you go to the stealers if they claim you need new injectors.... always take a photo of the codes on each injector prior to it going in the garage as some dodgy goings on can occur around the "replacement" of fuel injectors .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts