Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone else get the team heko wind deflectors fitted? if so are they effective and are they easy to fit? any feedback would be welcome

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks all. thanks apples, i wanted to hear from someone that had got them fitted to see what they thought. you have answered my questions, thanks again

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I have the Nissan ones that the Dealer fitted, and they are fine. On my previous car I had ones that slotted into the rubber seals, that I did myself, very easy and effective.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just watched the video and the wind deflectors do look quite easy to fit. they have just arrived with me this morning so i will have a go and fit them. can anyone advise me, as they are second hand so to speak the sticky pads will have had the paper already peeled off them so no longer affective, is this going to make a lot of difference or do i need to put some more sticky pads on?

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wind deflectors now fitted. did it without the sticky tape on them but intend to take them back out when i have got the tape and do them again. they were so easy to fit but did deviate from the Performance frog video a bit, put the deflector in place first and then pushed the metal clip into the window recess behind the deflector, it was so easy

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Darren40, i have recently fitted the same to my Tekna and have had no probs with them at all. is it possible the clips are incorrectly fitted as i did that the first time. the easiest way i found was to pop the deflector into place first with the double sided tape on and then push the clip into place with a screwdriver behind the deflector. the clip has a pointed anchor point on it , this faces the inside of the car. it took me about 10 mins to do all 4 ..the first time i did it i thought the deflector went into the V of the clip but it doesnt..have a look at the video on this page which shows you how it is done but put the clips in last, it is so much easier. do this from the outside part of the car

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I still haven't got round to fitting the Nissan ones I bought (I blame the weather!) but if they significantly increase wind noise then they'll be in the bin a few days later.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I had my Nissan ones put on from day one, so can't comment about them creating any significant extra noise.

But they do a good job, when I want the windows down a bit (not for the last 9 months of permanent Winter), and look very nice.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi and thanks for the replies. I've just checked the clips again and they are in correct but took them out and started again. Put deflector in first then the clips, took for a spin and still very noisy, sounds like when the window is open slightly but it wasnt. Took two front ones out for now as the noise really is irritating. Don't know what to do?

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
dont really know what to say my friend as i dont have that problem. the only other thing i can think of, and i am stabbing in the dark here is the possitioning of the clips. i have one on the top toward the rear of the window and the other which may make a difference is located right on the bend of the window, in the corner so to speak supporting the front top but also the sloping forward part of the window if that makes sense. also have you got the sticky double sided tape on them?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks for that oldbloke, I'll try and reposition the clips tomorrow and see if it helps, I had that front clip about 2 inches from that bend so maybe that will make a difference. I have for the tape on but now I've took them out I don't think it will have any stickiness left. I'll let you know how I get on, thanks again.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts