Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 1.6 Tekna CVT and i am struggling to get 31 MPG out of it. i have only done about 800 miles, have not been hitting the pedal hard deliberately and it is bouncing from 30.7 to 31.0 for days now. i am aware that you dont get as much MPG out of the CVT but i was expecting a little bit more than that. is there anyone else out there with the same car that i can compare mine to. it is the only disapointment i have with the car otherwise i love it
Deks2013-03-17 10:08:12

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
In 2 years, I dont think I have ever seen a poor MPG comment in realtion to the CVT, maybe the running in period will improve things for you, also what jouries are you doing OB. If you are really concerned I would do some proper brim to brim tests to see actual rather than the computer readout.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
It should perk up after running in and when the average air temperature improves (my AWD did), also short journeys and leaving the engine running (whilst waiting at railway stations for the Brat, for example) will cut back on your MPG.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i must admit that the majority of my journeys are short ones. the longest 1 way journey i have been on is 30 miles and that did send it up a bit only to come back down once i was local again.. as you say, wrong time of year, do a lot of hill starts (as i live on a hill) heated seats? and leaving the engine running, none of these will help so better times to come i hope

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i went to my daughters for dinner today, about a 50 mile round trip and my MPG went from 31.0 to 31.3, wow can you believe it, i am so excited i can hardly contain myself, things just cant get any better than that now can they. right i am going for a lie down as all that excitement has worn me out

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.