Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am having a bit of a battle with Nissan customer services regarding the quality of the leather interior on on Tekna. I think it is very poor quality, as in the amount of wrinkles and creases in it. any other car i have seen with leather it has been nice and smooth and crease free. Now please be honest, am i expecting to much.
the reason i ask is because the day i took delivery of my Tekna i asked the DP to look at it as i was not happy, he took some photos of the interior and sent them off to Nissan who in turn agreed that it was sub-standard and ordered a complete new set of seat covers. they messed me about with the delivery dates but on the 4th date given they arrived after 3 months. they have been fitted and are no better than before. now every Tekna i have looked at since i got mine have all had what i would say was sub-standard leather in them.
I spoke to NCS today and all they could say is that they now believe that this is the normal standard of the leather and nothing more can be done about it so very sorry but case closed. Should i except this or take it to the next level which at the moment i am not sure what that is....would be very interested to hear from other Tekna owners but would also welcome any other coments

·
Registered
867 Posts
Hi OB, sorry to learn that your new leather interior is no better than the original outgoing set.

I have seen reported posts of these creases splitting and forming holes. Whilst Nissan seem to be addressing these cases under warranty, it does highlight just how thin the material used actually is.

Whilst I fully appreciate that the leather seats are not 100% the genuine article, they should be fit for purpose and have a look and feel of quality items IMHO.

The Tekna luxury should be mirrored in the components used and I think you have every right to feel aggrieved if you don't feel this to be the case.

As for next steps; not sure really, but I would keep on at NCS until somebody (in authority) listens. If there is enough support on these pages; perhaps a show of solidarity might help.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
I don't have leather so not in a position to make a comment of fact on them.I do know that only the faces are leather the sides and back are manmade.I do know that issues have arisen and have been sorted out under warranty.I should say that in 3 years of dealing with Jukes I can count on one hand the number of issuesthough I expect this to grow as the leather clad cars get older. There may or may not be a quality issue but if this is the standard set then sadly NCS are right and if they change it again it will only be the same quality. That doesnt make it right but until Nissan Europe make a supply change cant see that changing.I have seen you post of Facebook as well OB and I can write the reply you will if you want FB page is managed by Social Media and Not Nissan so it will get batted back to NCSI have highlighted this topic to my contact at Nissan,

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Fit for purpose is the key in my opinion.
I had a volvo S40 and the leather seats were beautiful. Perhaps you could provide photographs of a similar priced vehicle and suggest it is a benchmark or at least comparable example.
My father-in-law will take delivery of one next month and I will report back on the quality for you...
Sorry mate......

·
Registered
542 Posts
Mine are nice and tight / wrinkle free as well, just waiting for the splitting issue to raise it's ugly head and it'll probably be outside of warranty period. Purchased Leather interior according to the brochure, apparently got part plastic for my money.

·
Registered
71 Posts
My PT Cruiser had leather seats and they looked as good as new at 13 years old but I did treat them with leather protector every month or so. Hoping I don't have a problem with the Tekna seats!

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for all your comments. its shows that my seats are not the standard if some of you have nice smooth seats. thanks for you helps Deks, i have replied to them via e-mail and will await a reply. i am not going to let this go as Nissan have agreed that my leather interior is sub-standard, they cannot go back on their word now. it was the arrogance of the person at NCS that has riled me so lets play

·
Registered
136 Posts
Perhaps get some photos of other Tekna's with better seats and go back to Nissan with the photographic proof. I don't have nine yet but you could go to your local dealer and look at a few there if there aren't any further quality photos on here.When I get mine I will be taking a lot of photos, I'll post them up here and full res up on photobox or the like too. Canon 60d 18megapixel and a few decent lenses to take some good shots. If I have any wrinkles in there NCS won't know what will hit them, especially with the wife 7 months pregnant by then I'll let her speak to them and see how they crawl out of that one :)

·
Registered
542 Posts
OldBloke, Just a thought could Nissan be making new leather seat covers Looser/ slacker to reduce the strain on the stress points in an attempt to address the known splitting problems on the side parts.
T c2013-05-10 12:13:11

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
very good point Tc , looking at your picture it could be a strong posibility. im just going to sit back and see what Nissan come up with at the moment as the DP said he will back me all the way.my main arguement is that you cant agree something is wrong and then change your mind

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
If leather split so easily there would be a lot of leaking cows.. That's terrible, I am rather worried now about the father-in-law's soon to arrive motor.
Another great "heads-up" from the forum....

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
The sides are not leather but synthetic. Nissan are aware of the issue on the sides as I discovered when I mentioned to them about splits, at this point I will throw a brag in, it was I that managed to get a member of the other forums seat replaced after he had had his warranty claim for the split rejected. Just one of the differences between this forum and the other, we know and admit another club exists but what it doesn't have is any form of correspondence with Nissan

Ob. I really don't understand your issue, in 3 years I haven't come across anyone complaining about the structure of the seat leather,

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OK Deks. on the day i picked up my car i noticed that the leather seats were quite wrinkled and creased, i had only ever seen nice smooth leather in other cars. i asked the DP to take a look and he agreed that they were not of a good standard so he took some pictures and sent them to Nissan..Nissan then agreed that the leather seats in my car were sub standard and agreed to exchange them. now what is complicated about that? they have changed them and they are no better so in my eyes it is still a sub-standard product of which Nissan have agreed.. SIMPLE

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Deks just because you have not heard of anyone complaining in 3 years doesnt mean it hasnt happened. there are a lot of people out there who own Jukes that are not in the forum. i am not an idiot and i dont complain for the sake of it, if the DP agrees with me then how can i be wrong

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.