Nissan Juke Forum banner

the lowest figure Yet

5K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  illegalhunter 
#1 ·
clocked the average MPG on my car today this is the lowest figure it has ever got toas you are all aware I have never got above 42 but now we are sinking into DIG territoryStill at least when I do swap it for a Nismo the difference wont be that great

#5 ·
I've posted about this on another forum, but mine is steadily declining - current displayed average after the latest half tank is 40.3mpg (which will probably equate to around 37-38mpg actual). I've never achieve above 50mpg however hard I've tried (and that best was a 70mph run for pretty much the whole tank on cruise), but most of the time I'm not trying for fuel economy. My boss get's better than mine in his Diesel Audi TT, and my brother in law is close to it on a long run in his 2.7 Diesel Jaguar.

69.2 mpg is just a dream in my case :)

#6 ·
50 mpg is a dream for me I can barely hit 42 these days currently circa 39 I gave up a long time ago worry about it I just accept my journeys are not good for diesel useI do have the comfort of knowing that after I and Fee complained 18 months ago Nissan addressed the issue with the revisions they made to the diesel to improve I will still buy another if I dont get the Nismo when it comes out

#7 ·
I agree - the diesel is a pleasure to drive compared to my wife's petrol ASX (which has a similar power and weight to the Juke) - much more responsive without having to rev, or change gear to go up hills. That was always the prime reason for me for buying the diesel (and in hindsight, it sounds like the diesel gearbox is superior) rather than fuel consumption.

Thought the diesel was a lot quieter too - until last weeks hot spell when I drove with the windows open :-O

#8 ·
oh no very loud tractor like I remember last year when we had a meet at Gaydon 1O or so of us were booked into the same hotel and I said the night before I would try not to wake them as I left as I had to go earlier as I was the organiserthey thought I was joking until I woke most of them up

#9 ·
Yet, with the windows shut, and once warmed up, I find it very quiet. Will have to find someone with a diesel locally and listen as they drive off.

#10 ·
I have done 6,300 - diesel 1.5 - it doesn't matter if i'm going back and forth to work every day, 14 mile round trip, short run at weekend 50 miles or just did 400 on short break - Lowest I ever had was 48 and it sits at around 51 all the time. I took care on the first thousand or so miles and don't accelerate hard at every traffic light but I've never been a slow driver so I'm pleased. My golf TDi sport sometime got to ~50 on a really long run but 44 ish most of the time and my Renualt Megane 1.9 TDi use to do an amazing 55 + on a trip and 45 ish around town, so I think the Juke is not too bad on consumption.

#11 ·
One of my workmates has just bought a 62 plate Juke Dci. She'll be doing identical journeys to I was doing so I am really interested to see how the MPGs compare... I'm getting town driving 42 in the QQ...

Fee x

#12 ·
Fee wrote:One of my workmates has just bought a 62 plate Juke Dci. She'll be doing identical journeys to I was doing so I am really interested to see how the MPGs compare... I'm getting town driving 42 in the QQ...Fee xPart of me hopes its bad as if its good and what one would expect, you'll be off to the dealer for another Juke and that will be what is it,4 cars in 2 years
Deks2012-09-30 17:35:33

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.