Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

New member here looking for some help please?

We purchased a 66Reg Nissan Juke from Carshop in 2020. Mileage was 23.4k.

Within 2 years we have only done 9k miles and currently stands at around 32.6k.

Within the last 2 weeks there has been a rattle on the engine and we have been told by 3 different car engineers that the timing chain requires replacing and will cost us between £900 - £1200 minimum.

Is this normal at this age of the car? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Daz

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This may be covered by Nissan as there were a lot of timing chain issues shortly after it was released.
Thank you, I’ve spoken to Nissan but they cannot confirm this. They told me I need to get it diagnosed by a Nissan dealership before they can escalate the issue!!

·
Registered
761 Posts
I would take the hit and book it in with nissan, if it is a recall issue then it'll be completely free, if not then at least you know where you stand with the car. I wouldn't expect more than an hour's charge worst case to diagnose.

To put it in perspective, there were reports of nissan just changing 1.2 engines over that had issues without question. So it's a known big thing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would take the hit and book it in with nissan, if it is a recall issue then it'll be completely free, if not then at least you know where you stand with the car. I wouldn't expect more than an hour's charge worst case to diagnose.

To put it in perspective, there were reports of nissan just changing 1.2 engines over that had issues without question. So it's a known big thing.
Thank you ever so much for the reply. I’ll go to Nissan 👍👍

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
A work colleague has just paid £1350 at an independent garage for remedial work associated with timing chain issues .
I don't think you will get anywhere with the Nissan route but its worth a try , my colleagues car is a 1 2 with 32000 miles on the clock .

Best of luck

Regards
Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts