Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the absence of the Connect unit (Sport spec), I have bought myself a mount for the iPhone and the TomTom app.

Integration with the head unit is great; voice instructions are exhibited through the in car speakers and there is even a fade option (if playing music from the iPhone through the head unit) that works exceptionally well.

As a long standing TomTom owner, I am convinced that this app is just as good as the dedicated devices. There is the added convenience that I am less likely to be without my phone and the app comes with lifetime maps; something I don't have with my current device. Add the google search engine and finding shops, restaurants and businesses etc. is a doddle.

For non Connect owners - a recommended solution to 'fixed' in car Satellite Navigation.

Darren

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks good Craig; might look into that as a social app.

The benefit with the TomTom is that the maps are downloaded to the phone and therefore the app doesn't eat through the monthly data allowance. I'm not sure how some of these free ones operate.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Deks wrote: all i need now then is a smart phone
still using my trusty Nokia

·
Registered
419 Posts
Gosh Deks, that must be worth a few quid. They had one just like it in the V&A when I visited last year!

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Gismo wrote:Gosh Deks, that must be worth a few quid. They had one just
like it in the V&A when I visited last year!that would be good as I have 3 of themYes the local museum once thought I was trying to have it away with an artifact fortunately it rang just in time

1 - 7 of 7 Posts