Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I hope this is in the right section

I've purchased a juke nismo and wanted to fit a tow bar....the dealer says on the standard juke the bumper needs to be cut to fit.....

So the nismo has new design bumper .....which I don't want to cut..does anyone know of anyone that does or will do a bespoke tow bar for the juke without cutting the bumper
Forgot to say it needs to be detachable as well
I know not asking much am I

Thanks in advance for any help

Sarah

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Hi Sarah, you are right that the towbar on a Juke requires part of the bumper to be cut away. I would assume that on the Nismo this will be even more so.I havent heard of anywhere that does one that doesnt require cutting the rear bumper. That said I havent actually looked. You could try a google search see what comes up then contact a supplier to find out.

·
Registered
68 Posts
hi there i have detachable tow bar on mine and i cant tell if they have cut the bumper or not, all looks fine on mine, iff they have cut the bumper it must be underneath were its not seen , saying that i have never tried it on yet lol .so that is my job for tomorrow lol . however i dont have a Nismo so the bumpers will be different . would be worth asking which part and how much of the bumper would be cut out and how would it look ?? i wil look and see if my tow bar has a name and post it on here.

·
Registered
50 Posts
If you go on www.pfjones.co.uk you will find fitting instructions for Witter and Westfalia
Both show a cut to the black trim under the bumper. There are also parts that are removed and replaced by the tow bar fittings, so you would need to make sure you get these back in case you ever want to remove the tow bar.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi There.

I've just bought a Juke Nismo and my dealer happened to tell me that Nissan didn't support tow hitches on the Nismo, and that the fitting of one would invalidate any warranty. Not seen anything in writing though.

On a separate note. Has anyone had any issues with the Nissan Connect system? It does not seem to support voice dialling through my iPhone. I

Regards

Steve (newbie)

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Hi MD, re towbar odd as it may seem this is the case. I watched a saga unfold elsewhere that resulted in someon pulling out of buying a nismo oddly they went onto to purchase another brand with a centre exhaust which also means no towbaranyway back to the Nismo, I queried this with Nissan and got told that towing tests had to be carried out to validate the safety side these hadnt been done on the Nismo Personally I think its a load of***** and they should get it done it isnt that difficult and its a mainstream carinvalidating the warranty is also a bit harsh I will understand the invalidate bits connected to the towbar but how can they say oh you seats have broken because of th towbar they might struggle with that oneas for i phone I dont have one but plenty do although I think apple is the problem as opposed to connect unit btw welcome to the forum

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Deks.

Cheers for that. The connect issue is a strange one, because a have a Micra that has an earlier version of the connect system and all the voice dialling / Siri works fine. My dealer thinks it should work, but has had to kick the query up to their technical department, so I' awaiting a reply

Cheers

Steve

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.