Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Thanks for allowing me to be part of this forum. Hope you can help. My 62 plate 1.5dci juke has had the traction light come on & stay on. I've had her for 3yrs now & this is the only problem I've had (although I've alway's thought the engine noise was too loud). I assumed it was due to needing front pads replaced so this was done just b4 the mot was due including enslaving the tyre's to the proper pressure as they where quite low. This didn't solve the problem with traction light staying on & the garage wouldn't mot due to this. They did a diagnostic & found various warnings which where re-set. However they failed to re-set the abs warning so put the problem down to this. The clutch/brake fluid level looks fine but it's hard to see properly. Any ideas b4 I pay the cost of garage repairs? Thanks.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hi my traction light & brake light started coming on, only found out why when i braked more than normal but when i switched the engine on they disappeared but came back on only when braked harder this went on for weeks.I checked the brake fluid it looked ok but i put a tiniest amount in and guess what none have ever appeared since ,hope you get it sorted

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very sorry for delay but I must have skipped over the reply so never knew of your advice. I actually did top fluid up as I had seen your old message but no different. I had new front pads fitted so had the garage scan & re-set the issue (or so he thought). But when I restarted the car the warning light came on again and won't go off nomatter how hard I break. His scanner tell's him it's a problem with the abs. The on & off button works fine with the other traction light but it has no effect on the main warning traction light which is directly below the other one. I'm assuming now it could well be the little tube wich I believe has a sort of banjo pipe-end connector at one end. (I've watched the chap replace this pipe on a utube video & it did work). Thanks very much for all your help & I will definitely keep you posted once I get it sorted (or not).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do the shift lights stay on too
I'm unsure what the shift light's are. The only light which is on is the traction warning light. The other manual on/off traction light works fine switching on & off. But it doesn't make any difference to the traction warning light when used. Thank's for your input, all advice appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll have to send the car to my local garage to be looked at again. The mot has now run out so I need it sorted asap as it's my wife's transport for work. (I use our other car for work). Hopefully they'll find the fix then mot it. But I'll certainly keep you posted. Thanks again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The traction-control light is usually a sign that your vehicle is working properly by maintaining traction on a slippery road, but it can also mean that your car has some damaged sensors or wires. Keep yourself safe on the road by taking your vehicle to a trusted auto repair shop at the first sign of trouble.

Hearing aid centre in Chennai

1 - 9 of 9 Posts