Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having seen the posts regarding the optional trunk storage tray, am I correct in thinking that this is the same as the current tray, but without the support 'hump' in the middle?

If this is the case, wouldn't it be a simple mod to cut out the hump, taking with it about an inch either side of the base of the hump, then getting a sheet of plastic or alloy and bonding this to the base to cover the hole - this would create a tray the same as the one being offered as an extra.

Then, with the hump that's been taken out, turn it upside down and screw it to the underside of the tray cover.

You now have the tray which can be used without the cover, but if you do use the cover, it still has the additional support provided by the hump.

What do you reckon?

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
You are right in you assumptions and your idea for modification though I doubt you will need to screw the hump centre bit anywhere as I doubt it makes that much difference. You method although not looking as need and tidy will however save you a small fortune and is something I considered myself.

·
Super Moderator
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Might give it a go and keep the hump for later use if I need it. A piece of fitted carpet on top and some sound deadening material underneath will solve the neatness problem and provide a bit more sound proofing.

·
Registered
185 Posts
If you that you'll need to find somewhere to store the jack and tools if you have a spare that is.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Here we go boys and girls...£135.00 - I don't think so...1. You will need a dremel or similar cutting tool.2. A "heat shrink" gun or a controlled heat source.3. Scotch Weld or similar glue4. Some M10 bolts, nuts and washers.5. Black/Grey Sealant6. About an hour...Mark off the top of the handle2. Cut it off - no need to be too neat, then cut a slice into the back side, opposite the tools section.3. Cut up both edges from the slice to remove the side4. Now to get creative.Carefully press down on the first end piece and using the heat shrink gun, apply heat to the outer edge so that it folds down to make a neat edge...5. In true Blue Peter style - repeat on the other side.6. Now fold the long side over, again applying heat from the gun so that it is maleable.Once lined up with the opposite side, score a line and start to fold along that edge, tucking the fold into the gap.7. Apply glue to the edges which will meet, and then pop a line of holes through with the drill.Push through the bolts and secure.8. Make good with the Sealant/Filler9. Clean it up - and Bob's yer uncle - and you just saved £135.00To be honest, a lick of paint or even a wrap would be an ideal finish off, but it's not bad for a quick fix....

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I'm down in Oxford working around the area and I can't believe how much more I can easily get in the boot without that silly handle stuck in the middle.
I also loaded the grangson's pram in easily last weekend, previously we had to remove the boot trat.

Missing a trick here Nissan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.