Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Juke has overtaken the Zed (in miles at least!) - just coming up to 30k for the Juke and 28k for the Zed.So it's front tyre replacement time and I am wondering whether to take the easy route and just slap on some more Bridgestones or if there's a better option.What other tyres have people fitted and are they any better / worse?I noticed some Juke's are shod with Continentals now...

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
I wouldnt put Bridgestones back on they last well but grip is pants.The Continentals were originally the preserve of the 4wd though it now appears to be all models.If looking at Conti's you may want to consider Matador they are made by Continental I believe but are cheaper but work aswell

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Deks wrote: I wouldnt put Bridgestones back on they last well but grip is pants.
The Continentals were originally the preserve of the 4wd though it now appears to be all models.
If looking at Conti's you may want to consider Matador they are made by Continental I believe but are cheaper but work aswell

You really are the oracle......

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
CR4ZYHORSE wrote: Deks wrote: If looking at Conti's you may want to consider Matador they are made by Continental I believe but are cheaper but work aswell You really are the oracle...... to be fair I found that out elsewhereAlthough when ever I go to get tyres the local place I use always suggests other brands that seem to be made by one of the big brands
Deks2013-05-16 07:19:54

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Just checked on the invoice I got when purchasing my space saver tyre. I discussed tyres for the Juke to get an idea of likely cost and they wrote down Matador MP 46s. I've known the guys at the tyre place for years and will look at these myself.
Juke is all continental as delivered, in my case, and I had no choice with the space-saver.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your responses. I'll take a look into the options.I hated the Bridgestones on the Zed but they seem OK on the Juke, it'll be interesting to see the different if I do go for something different.Some time ago I read in a type place that when you replace tyres on a FWD car that the new ones should go on the back and not the front (presumably so the front still under-steers on corners rather than the back letting go???) Is that still the case?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Deks wrote:If looking at Conti's you may want to consider Matador they are made by Continental I believe but are cheaper but work aswell
Consider/use them by all means but don't assume they are necessarily the same quality as Continental. Supermarket own brand products may be made in the same factories as leading brands but that doesn't mean they taste the same.In 2012 the German magazine Autobild measured braking distances for 50 tyres on wet & dry roads. The Continentals came 6th and the Matadors came 24th, so it doesn't seem to me that they are the same tyre. Source: http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/2012-Autobild-50-Tyre-Braking-Test.htm?oo=0The tyre that came top in this test was the Nokian Z. We put these tyres on my wife's car (not a Juke) today, as the local tyre shop had them in stock and they were cheaper than Continentals. It will be interesting to see how they perform.

·
Super Moderator
2,270 Posts
Paul_S wrote:Thanks for your responses. I'll take a look into the options.I hated the Bridgestones on the Zed but they seem OK on the Juke, it'll be interesting to see the different if I do go for something different.Some time ago I read in a type place that when you replace tyres on a FWD car that the new ones should go on the back and not the front (presumably so the front still under-steers on corners rather than the back letting go???) Is that still the case?
Yes, as far as I know - I did see a test showing the difference in the wet between fitting them front or rear, and it was quite a remarkable. Depends on how good your rears are I suppose - if they are barely worn, personally I wouldn't bother swapping them.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for that. As you would expect, the rears look like new. Sarah's obviously not using the handbrake enough!!!When we got the car I was going to rotate the wheels but never got round to it. I would be tempted to put the new on the back anyway to wear the old tyres out. Otherwise, the way they aren't wearing, they'll perish before they wear out

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've own lots of different cars over the year and have tried most of the high quality grade tyre. Continentals are alway top of my list, unless you can get a set of Advan tyre, they are awesome, I had these on an Integra I imported from Japan and I was in tears when I had to replace them and was told they were not available for the UK market.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts