Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally sold my BMW & am actively looking for a used Nissan Juke but I have a very limited Budget.If truth be told I have £9200 / £9500 max as a budget.Am I being unrealistic of trying to find a used Nissan Juke (acenta) for this kind of price?I don't need it to be too fancy, just a 1.6 petrol Acenta would be ideal with reasonable mileage.P.s : if anyone is selling a Juke in my price range please let me know.I'm in the west midlands so ideally trying to find one locally but would be willing to travel
tonksy182013-02-26 11:41:21

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Tonsky, I have had a quick look around the net I can only find a couple of Visias for under £10k and certainly no Acenta premiums except for one on ebay but it has vcar history which means it is recorded as a cat c or D insurance payout.this is parkers guide for a 1.6 premium
Original Price

More info
£14,695

Franchised Dealer

More info
£10,490

Independent Dealer

More info
£10,295

Private Good

More info
£9,720

Private Poor

More info
£8,300

Part Exchange

More info
£8,900So in theory possible but I would say most unlikey you will probably have to travel and definitely buy outside of the franchised dealers

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah i've been looking online tons over the past couple of days & like you say there is the odd one or 2 out there.Ironically I popped in my local westway nissan on sunday to tell them my budget & to see if it is something do-able & they had just sold (the vehicle hadn't even come in to the dealers yet) a Juke Acenta for £9300 so he seems to think it's a realistic price.The guy took all my details & said he'd look in to it for me and seems to think he could find something for me so i'm keeping fingers crossed but wanting to sort one asap.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
that sounds promising then. I must say I was looking mostly at premiums and not acenta so if you can do without some of the extras it will make it a little more do ableI would also ring round a few others and see what they have. It may be they are willing to sell for a little less than what they would normally mark it up for if its sold as soon as it comes in Good luck and look forward to hearing what you purchased

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah been mailing a few places to ask if there's room for movement on their prices but no response so far but keeping fingers crossed.Really want to get one sorted in the next 2 to 3 weeks as I need to give back the car i'm loaning from a family member so need to sort asap.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Tonsky, dont email asking if there is any movement in price as this is unlikely to get a responseemail the dealer and tell them what you want and how much you have to spend then let them answer you I buy and sell cheap used cars and if someone emails me to say whats the bottom price I ignorethem for 2 reasons one they will try to chip more and 2 they are not standing in front of me waving cash I am much more oblidging when people say to me I have xxx pounds do you have anything

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
tonksy18 wrote:A dealer has called to say they have a machine brown acenta with 36,000 miles on the clock.Would you consider that high mileage really for a 60 plate?Well that was quick, good to see you got a call. Machine brown is very rare and you are unlikey to see another close by so thats a good point if you like the colour. I do I just wish they hadnt called it brown. 36K is nothing it will have service history on it so no problem what spec and engine is it and how much ?

·
Registered
663 Posts
hi Tonksy, sounds ok depending on the condition of corse, is it local? have you tried West Way Sutton Coldfield ? they are ok there, i am happy to come along with you as i know them quite well

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No not tried Sutton Coldfield yet , this one is in Manchester. It's a 1.6 petrol Acenta

Was just a little worried that 36k seemed a little high a little over 2 year old? , just seems a bit up and down when looking online as there seems to be ones at say £9600 that have 19,000 then ones at £9,995 but have 28,000 etc....

Was just concerned that if I jumped the gun on one with 36,000 then find a few days later one comes up that only has say 28,000

I know in theory it shouldn't be a problem if it's been we'll looked after & there's some kind of gtee etc... but just a little hesitant.

Oldbloke , that's real kind of you to offer , I'm wondering if the Sutton Coldfield place could get the brown one sent to them to save me traveling all the way to Manchester.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
tonksy, you can ask but I would expect they may want a guarantee of purchase. Worth a try you have nothing to lose and if they agree at least it will hold up a bitis it on the cared4 scheme as I believe this come with extracare as such in the form of at least 12 months warranty and other things, mind you at 2 years old it has that anyway.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah it's sounding really good from a quality / cared for point of view it's just the mileage that's proving the sticking point for me.I'm just not sure i'd be happy with the 36,000 miles , I average about 7000 miles a year so in theory if I kept the car for 2 years it would then have 50,000 miles on it if I sold it & i'm just concerned it may put potential buyers off.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
thats always a possibility, and a gmable only you can take. you have to weigh up how much cheaper it is to start with than one of similar spec with lower mileage. Its not something that would bother me the mileage would be of less concern that the colour as Machine brown will appeal to a lot less people than say red or white

·
Registered
663 Posts
just going to have a ride up to West Way Sutton Coldfield to see if they have a Juke that will suit our friend Tonksy, you never know they may have a good look as i am a good customer to them. will let you know when i get back

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
oldbloke wrote:just going to have a ride up to West Way Sutton Coldfield to see if they have a Juke that will suit our friend Tonksy, you never know they may have a good look as i am a good customer to them. will let you know when i get backthey may even give you a drink for introduction

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
oldbloke : I have to say it great to have people like yourself on forums that make you feel so at home when i'm not even a juke owner yet I did e-mail them a couple of days ago (couldn't phone as madness at work so easier to email) & asked for a call back to discuss my needs etc... but I just got a generic e-mail reply.I think I may leave the Machine brown model one as just too concerned with the mileage & colour, A shame as was within budget.Big thanks to all you guys for your help.I look forward to being able to post up pics of my Juke when I do get my hands on one

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Tonksy, if you have doubts about colour and mileage then that particular is NOT the one for you.There are plenty of Jukes out there so you will surely be able to find one in budget. You may have to travel We have over 20 dealers on the forum I will drop them a line to see if they have anything of help .

1 - 20 of 169 Posts