Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked through the user manual for my 2013 Tekna, and cant seem to find anywhere reference to USB capacity for the USB socket.Does anyone know the maximum size USB stick that can be used with the Juke?

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
TTDegs wrote: That's good news - I've just won (won? Paid the most on eBay ) for a 16gb iPod touch to put in mine

Not just for music though
That's the route I have taken and before I fitted the cup holder set up, I hid the iPhone under the dash so that only the USB plug was visible.
I havent played around further but on the new touch, but I believe you can do a full wifi sync, so effectively if you park close enough to the house, iTunes will auto sync with the car...... 😎

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
CR4ZYHORSE wrote: TTDegs wrote: That's good news - I've just won (won? Paid the most on eBay ) for a 16gb iPod touch to put in mine

Not just for music though
That's the route I have taken and before I fitted the cup holder set up, I hid the iPhone under the dash so that only the USB plug was visible.
I havent played around further but on the new touch, but I believe you can do a full wifi sync, so effectively if you park close enough to the house, iTunes will auto sync with the car...... 😎

You're reading my mind....

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Has anyone tried the iPhone 5 with the juke? Mine will play the music, but cannot see what is playing- Can only control it from the phone itself....Is there any way of getting it to connect properly?

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Have you connected via USB or are you using bluetooth?
The iPhone 4S is very much restricted if connected as aux via bluetooth - But with the iPhone cup holder or USB cable, the full menu is available through the unit.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tried a few things last night.Connected through usb, pressed AUX button twice, and the track info came on then disappeared with the key press. I thine unplugged the usb, and the music still played; when I realised what was happening I was quite surprised; the iPhone 5 plays very poorly via usb on the new connect 2, but pretty much perfectly via bluetooth!

·
Registered
228 Posts
That format should be fine, works for mine.32GB is also fine.Only oddity is that now and then it starts at the first song of the whole set instead of the next one expected - I have a suspicion that's what happens when you select previous or next via the steering wheel before the Connect 2 has actually loaded the whole directory, i.e. soon after drivng off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Slightly off topic but....I've just tried a 750 gb portable hard drive connected thro USB slot (N-tec, Connect2)It would only work when formatted FAT32 file system.It doesn't seem to matter how files / directories are labelled - everything worked fine.Am now busy ripping remaining cd collection for addition to the disc.So it would appear there doesn't seem to be any size limit for hard drives at least.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Darkside Col wrote:Slightly off topic but....I've just tried a 750 gb portable hard drive connected thro USB slot (N-tec, Connect2)It would only work when formatted FAT32 file system.It doesn't seem to matter how files / directories are labelled - everything worked fine.Am now busy ripping remaining cd collection for addition to the disc.So it would appear there doesn't seem to be any size limit for hard drives at least.This is very good news for my forthcoming Juke! How long does it take for music to load on this drive?On my current car even a 16GB USB takes up to 2 minutes to load.Looks like I may have that spare 500GB drive in the car permanently then :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts