Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a few weeks now the dashboard in my dig-t vibrates/creaks on slightly rough roads. Very annoying. Its only in one place, behind the raised instrument panel towards the corner of the windscreen. Today being a bit warmer it seemed fine. I think the dashboard may shrink a little in the cold because in that corner it doesn`t feel supported. Anybody else have problems ? Any ideas ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a dig-t and it creaks all the time in cold weather. Read on Honest John that it could be ducting.If Nissan can't-or won't cure it there I shall get rid on it and move to a quality brand.

·
Registered
867 Posts
reiver wrote: I have a dig-t and it creaks all the time in cold weather. Read on Honest John that it could be ducting.If Nissan can't-or won't cure it there I shall get rid on it and move to a quality brand.

Have you been in touch with your local dealership and Nissan to give them an opportunity to rectify your problem?

I have no such issues with my DIG-T.

Welcome btw.

·
Registered
663 Posts
welcome reiver, yet another local to me member..please dont give up on the Juke as it is a fantastic car, im on my second now and wouldnt be without it

·
Registered
23 Posts
Many moons ago I had a similar creaking noise from under the dash, it only did it over certain road surfaces and speeds. This was a new car and my garage could never locate it. Three years later I took a mechanic over a section of road I knew would create the noise and he immediately said it was being caused by a loose bonnet seating of all things. Once adjusted, problem solved. Moral of the story is don't give up, it is likely to be coming from an unlikely source. I once had a ball of ducting tape left by an assembly worker in a door well. The noise appeared to come from an area diametrically opposite to where it was finally found.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just picked mine up from dealership-it seems to be OK now.They said that they took out the glove box and accessed rear of dashboard and put in some packing to where it contacts w/screen.Will keep and eye(ear)on it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
YoungJukey wrote:
mine was rattling like mad, turns out the glove box was loose, just took it all out and refitted it, no more rattle :)Sorry, cant resist this one : "Was that before or after you fitted your sill lights?"

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi all, sorry for late response. When I took it in the technician came out for a drive and guess what......it didn`t do it !! When its warm its fine, and that also means once the temp has warmed up inside the car. Its going back in next week to take the dash out. Now that its warm though I don`t know what they will do. I also have a very annoying noise that only starts when I hit 60. Somewhere between the passenger door and the rear door. Anybody else. Any help appreciated. Update soon........

·
Registered
84 Posts
jthspace wrote: YoungJukey wrote:
mine was rattling like mad, turns out the glove box was loose, just took it all out and refitted it, no more rattle :)

Sorry, cant resist this one : "Was that before or after you fitted your sill lights?"

This was before, it was once I had fitted the lights the rattle stopped, so unknowly I killed 2 birds with one stone :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts