Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been following the story of a very disgruntled Juke owner who sadly isnt on the forum but did have a Nismo on order, but was having issues in regards to the fitting of a towbarIt transpired that Nissan said it would invalidate the warrenty if a towbar was fitted thus leading this poor person to cancel his orderA subsequent update has been issued to all dealers advising of this I have asked Nissan for an official response to post but here is the facebook commentfrom Nissan"this
was a directive initiated by me and directly from your personal
experience. Its a fact that we were not as cross functional as we should
have been and this has affected your experience negatively, which I
personally apologise for. The reality is the cost of developing and
testing a tow-bar on this relatively low volume car does not justify the
cost - we estimate less than 5% of this specific market would want to
tow with it and in the end its a very expensive thing to do. You would
not belive how expesive in order to test and ensure its 100% safe
legally. The numbers don't add up I'm afraid. Of course, as I say, all
this should have been known and communicated well in advance. I
apologise again on behalf of Nissan, to you. Please let me know if there
is anything else we can do"

·
Super Moderator
2,270 Posts
That's a shame - would have made a pleasant change being behind a caravan that was hard to keep up with.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
That's a good one !
Maybe I should ask the Facebook page about the nismo stripes but I'm still keeping quite
Untill I hit my followers with a surprize when my new toy comes

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I wonder exactly which part of the warranty it invalidates?

Guessing that the reason the std tow bar wouldn't fit is due to the shape of the rear skirts, which would mean modifying them, which would in turn invalidate something...

But turning this on its head, does adding aftermarket parts to a non Nismo, also invalidate "the warranty"?
Especially if said parts were, say, a Nismo rear skirt, and the juke had a nissan supplied tow bar already fitted...

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the issue revolved around the Nismo not having been tested while pulling something thus Nissan cant say how it will react, i believe its called covering their arse in the event of something going wrongthe bumper will certainly need a modification as its the standard one did

1 - 9 of 9 Posts