Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again,Just driven a Nissan Micra whilst my month old Juke was at dealership. The Micra washer jets were fan jets, which I really like. Got back in the Juke, this afternoon, and wondered if the jets can be modified/replaced to be fan/mist rather than stream/water pistol effect.Any advice welcome.

·
Super Moderator
2,270 Posts
Not come across these before - what are they like at speed?

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
@ audi, I dont have the answer but think I know a man who does so I have emailed him to see what he has to say. I am too lazy to go look at the washer jets on the Juke but if they are standar washer jets then I would assume they can be changed.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Ok so here is what came back from from JOhn @holdcroftHi Steve , I have just been looking at the K13 micra washer jets
and comparing them with the juke ones visually we can not see any
reason they wouldnt interchange but would not be able to say 100%
without fitting them. They jets are not to expensive we could supply a
pair (they are sided) including postage for £13.00 .If there is alot
of interest i would be prepared to order some into stock and get one of
our tech's to try and install them so we have a better idea of fitting.all the best John

·
Super Moderator
2,270 Posts
At £13 a pair, I'd have a pair if they were easy enough for me to fit.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Me, too the mist type are much more effective.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Excellent. My 'warm-up' car was a MICRA, and the washers did the job such that I hardly noticed what they were like, whereas the Juke has these niggling little 'splash round the side windows' manner.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'll look forward to hearing about it.

·
Super Moderator
2,270 Posts
With full picture instructions if possible?

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
right washer jets arriced today looked the same until I came to fit themthey are approx 1.5 mm wider and the securing clip is in a different place to the Juke onesI am sure these can be modified to fit but at this time I dont have the patience or the time to try not to mention my car is up for sale and dont want to end up buying other bits to replace damaged goodsI think shaving the edge of the jets will get them to fit size wise but to get the clip to fit needs the locating slot to be reshaped other than this they look the same

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Right, I have spent a couple of hours fitting these due largely to dropping one down the back of the engine which required quite a lot of parts removal to retrieve otherwise a fairly straight forward Jobthe sides of the jets need to be shaved down by about 1.5mm you can only do this on ones side as the fan jets have an adjuster on the other.Once you have done this you then need to trim out the locating tab hole in the panel it goes into and the 2 small tabs on the side of the panel so the fan jet will fit in snuggly trial and error sorts this one word of caution don't drop the pipe as if it goes down the panel you have to take the whole thing out to retrieve. I did a kind of video but as i kept pausing its in 5 versions and I dont have a clue how to edit into one If you can use a stanley knife and a screwdriver you can make these fit fairly easilyLast note I figure the reason Nissan dont fit these is due to location as the fan does spray the bonnet on its way out

1 - 15 of 15 Posts