Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cleaning the bosses motor this morning she has been complaining about a musty smell from about 3 weeks of having car on 1st September. Anyhow me been nosey took out the storage box and there are signs of road dirt/water stains around the storage box area on the O/S carpets soaked on O/S front and rear. Took out the access cover for the rear shocker mount looks like there's a body seal not sealed fully. Anyone else had this sort of thing before?

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
wow. thats not good. I have heard of remote cases of water penetration but not from the area you have issues with. The ones I have heard of seem to be water ingress from screen. Have you got it booked in with dealer to look at?? Also I would get it logged with Nissan Customer Service.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Going pop in first thing let em have a look at it. It does look like a bad seam seal in the arch as it's a dirty trail down the inner arch. I'll feed back on it tomorrow night. My only concern is thugs like side impact sensor and seat belt retractor. Have to see if they'll renew them if they're damp.

How do I log it with Nissan?bungle2012-12-30 18:02:58

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
bungle wrote:How do I log it with Nissan?Nissan Customer ServicesCan't
find what you are looking for? Call or email our dedicated Nissan call
centre. A representative will be on hand to answer any of your queries
related to Sales, Aftersales or the Nissan Website. Phone: 01923 899334Email: [email protected] It may not be necessary to log it with Nissan directly as your dealer may be very helpfulbut I work on the cautious side at least if you let them know its logged.if you do call keep a note of reference number.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Been down this morning taken images of what they can see. Got to submit a claim as they can't say where it's getting in. Also spoke to Nissan who said give them chance to submit the claim which is fair enough and should hare something by the weekend.

So I'll take it to work satuday morning and get valet era aqua vac on the carpets try and keep the water at bay.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I too have discovered a hole in what would be the spare wheel well, if I had one, it is obviously a drain hole but with no rubber plug, that I would have thought should be there. I have temporarily sealed the hole till It goes in for service in January.
Anyone else had the same ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quick update the saga was still rolling on till Monday just gone it's a seam weld on the bulk head that's been missed at the factory about 2" long. Got to have all new carpets and the blocks that carry the carpets as they all stink of damp. So hopefully it'll all be sorted soon.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ctrdetailing wrote: great news , leaks can be hard to find , nice new carpets eh , great stuff , nice to see a dealer getting it sorted properly

To say they had no choice but to sort it out is an understatement. We picked it up after 3 days at the dealers and was told there was no leak found. Went out on the Sunday morning and heard the water moving front to back under the carpets. So took up the rear sill trim lifted the carpet and measured upto 30mm of water. So sent Nissan & dealer an email stating if they didn't get in touch wit us by 1.00 on the Monday then I was going legal and seeking advice over it.

Got to say the dealer has been fantastic and registered another juke for the wife to use while it's in for repair as she needed a car with sat nav for work. Have been kept informed on the repair all the way through. So can't grumble about that. Just feel sorry for the after sales manager as when he rung got a full 10 minutes of my frustration over the phone.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
I'm really pleased to see that your dealer has been excellent on resolving your issue. Feel free to name and applaud them publicly. if they are not on the forum point them this way dealers are always welcome here.as for aftersales manager a quick thank you when all sorted will probably make his day.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Water is coming in my juke via drivers side area above the A pillar, had it in dealers today they will need it for 2 days take out and refit windscreen, to strip out roof lining and full carpet and under felt to totally dry it out. the carpet drivers side front and back is totally swamped. Anybody else had this problem, it started with condensation on the inside of front windscreen

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
can honestly say no but i did have a water leak in from the seam, just above the drivers door pocket which turned out to be the plastic membrane.so there was a nice smell of silicone when collecting it,no leak now.
Gadget2014-01-07 23:14:49

1 - 15 of 15 Posts