Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When choosing an aftermarket wheel, you need to consider several different factors for fitment.PCD, Height, Width, Offset and Center Bore.Ideally you want a wheel with the same PCD. (Juke is 5x114.3 also known as 5x114)PCD = Pitch Circle DiameterET = OffsetCB = Center BoreThe letter (J) refers to width.For example: PCD 5x114.3 18x7.5j ET30 Meaning 5 lugholes are situated over a 114.3mm diameter circle, 18in height, 7.5in width, 30mm OffsetOffset is the location of the hub mounting surface, this will vary between different wheels. Offset is calculated by the distance the mounting surface sits from the center line of a wheels side profile.Center Bore is the diameter of the hole in the center of the wheel. It is measured at the rear of the wheel and is the hole that locates to the hub on the vehicle.Example of standard to aftermarket upgraded wheel:Standard Wheel: 17x7j ET45Aftermarket Wheel 17x8j ET38The aftermarket wheel is 1in wider overall or 1/2 wider either side of the center line.1 inch = 25.4mm1/2 in = 12.7mm1/4 in = 6.35mmTherfore the aftermarket wheel as shown above would have an additional 12.7mm poke either side of a standard wheel if the offset were the same. (ET45)The original offset is ET45 or 45mm, aftermarket is ET38 or 38mmTherefore the aftermarket wheel sits 7mm further out than standard on basis that 45-38 = 7You then need to combine the two... Width and Offset.12.7mm poke due to additional Width.7mm poke due to Offset.12.7mm + 7mm = 19.7mm extra poke over standard.I hope this is of benefit to some members but feel free to contact me for further help for wheel/tyre choice.

--DaRk-AnGeL--2013-04-16 23:02:42

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi there, just a quick one, with aftermarket alloys you obvidouly need to change your nuts.I've just got some Rota, 8.5 x 19 (yes 19s up from the standard nismo 18s)with an offset of 45 with PCD 5 x 112 and HB 73They came with nuts but of different sort to standard. How do you work that out? I think the nissan thread is M14 as standard. Just intrigued more than anything :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Can you basically play with any off set then as long as you don't go too silly I've found some nissan 350z alloys I'm keen on but there off set is 33
Would this be possible to be a straight swap or not

Cheers

·
Registered
219 Posts
Chefross wrote:Can you basically play with any off set then as long as you don't go too silly I've found some nissan 350z alloys I'm keen on but there off set is 33Would this be possible to be a straight swap or not Cheers
You may know this already but a set of 350Z wheels will come in two different widths - rears are wider then fronts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone know an ideal offset for the juke? I'm looking at some after market wheels online, 18x8 and an offset between 25-45?

And rather than starting a new thread, will a 235/45/18 tyre fit that alloy without causing issue? Reading on the net there's talk of speedos out or body warping if over/undersized...

Cheers,
Sean

·
Registered
705 Posts
Sean, you might want to send a private message to dark angel (the OP) to make sure your question is seen by someone who might have the answer

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you Mike, someone did reply pointing me in the direction of a tyre calculator I didn't know existed, I've also found an offset calculator too so I'm just going to make sure there's enough clearance on full lock according to its measurements.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts