Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeh ive already done a detailed search its not as easy as it could be (i have an auto electrician looking into a better option)it currently requires the removal of the connects face(screen panel) to solder a single wire onto the circuit board behindthe rest is straight forward and will give you 4 inputs for dv3-t (freeview tv) / dvd / rear camera (if you dont have one)/ or even a permanently connected ipod/ipad ,im pretty sure removal of the connects monitor would void its warrenty though so that would need considering

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Looks cool!Tell me, how much do the UK Jukes differ from other countries?Speaking from the perspective of the Zed, there are a lot of subtle differences. My car should not have a reversing camera but I fitted one. The switch box which makes it possible comes from the US, but the US wiring is different and it took me a lot of research before I could rewire the loom to accept it.That said, I think the newer vehicles AV are closer to a standard. My car is the one before the Premium Connect became available so I hope (and expect) the Connect system on the Juke is more standardised.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
There are a lot of little differences notable lack of heated mirrors on Uk models but scandavian countries have them, also after a visit to the factory I spotted a left hand drive model with headlamp washersnot even an option here likewise the mirrors and according to Nissan these things cannot be retro fittedwhich has to be rubbish when they are all made on the same line and we all know most of the bits will be there somewhere just need connecting and final bits added

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
From my previous Nissan experience - with the 350Z to a large extent, and the 370Z to a lesser one, the BCU only has so much capacity. Everything nowadays is controlled by the brain. Hit a switch on the dash and it's not directly connected to the thing you want to turn on - it's a signal to the BCM to turn the device on.Therefore, the loom might exist to the heated mirrors, but the software that links the missing switch to the mirrors might not.There are lots of things that 'should' work but a lot of things that probably wont between models from different countries.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Paul_S wrote:From my previous Nissan experience - with the 350Z to a large extent, and the 370Z to a lesser one, the BCU only has so much capacity. Everything nowadays is controlled by the brain. Hit a switch on the dash and it's not directly connected to the thing you want to turn on - it's a signal to the BCM to turn the device on.Therefore, the loom might exist to the heated mirrors, but the software that links the missing switch to the mirrors might not.There are lots of things that 'should' work but a lot of things that probably wont between models from different countries.Thats true, but on some marque's that makes it easier to add things like when I had cruise fitted to my Skoda just bought the switch and the dealer plugged it in to modify systembut yes the BSI/BCM does control everything these days Deks2012-01-18 22:04:04

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
It gets a little crazy these days. Abbey Motorsport have the ROM image of about 6 different BCM's for the 370Z and they only came out 3 years ago.There are lots of cases where a service manual for one car doesn't work for another. I posted one up on nissansportz yesterday to reset the 'pedestrian protection system' (the pyrotechnics that pop the bonnet up during a frontal impact) and, apparently, it doesn't work on UK cars - despite it only being a requirement in a select few countries...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.