Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading on the USA juke site the other day a discussion as to why the "JUKE" was so called there were a couple of possibilties for this so I thought I would ask Nissan if they could explain where the name came from and why they didnt stick with Qazana. I now from recent Nissan visits that Nissan consider that car names only work with a max of 2 syllables. Here is what I got back from Nissan.

Normal

false
false
false

EN-GB
X-NONE
X-NONE

MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

In
answer to you question. there's nothing officially defined per-se, but
essentially the Qazana name didn't work on
a global level due to pronunciation issues with some dialects. Nissan wanted a
global name for Juke, as unlike Qashqai the product would be universal in
positioning context around the world. (Qashqai in USA for
example is known as Rogue, and is positioned more closely to a product that
fits half way between the European Qashqai and X-Trail). The Juke name was
influenced by an American music/dance genre that was believed to deliver a
strong association to Juke's design ethos and positioning.

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-qformat:yes;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin:0cm;
mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;
mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast;
mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;
mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

·
Registered
663 Posts
well i dont know what to say about that explaination, all i know is that " JUKE " is the right name for the car, it suites it..i cant explain why it just does. god ive confused myself now, time for a lie down

·
Registered
136 Posts
Part of the reason we didn't go for a Ford Kuga was because the Wife hated the name, she also thought people would think she was a Cougar driving it around.... Plus the Juke is 10x better as a car and has a great name.

·
Registered
215 Posts
admin wrote:I now from recent Nissan visits that Nissan consider that car names only work with a max of 2 syllables.
You would think they would keep such market-sensitive insights to themselves. After all, if Ford knew this they could change the name of the Fiesta and sell loads of them ... oh, hang on a minute ... what is the top-selling car in the UK? The Fiesta? Ah well that is probably an exception. Look at other examples like the Mondeao, Sierra, Cortina ... hmmm ... maybe this needs a bit more thought.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
It did say "Nissan" believe 2 syllables max works best, none of the models you mention are Nissan although they were best sellers, not necessarily any good but best sellers

The 2 syllable Qasqhai sells very well as does the note which is why it's keeping its name as opposed to the concept name and what ever you think of it the Micra sold quite well.

Personally I don't believe the syllable count amounts to much I think if you have the right product with a reasonable name it will sell.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.