Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Midday rain and 13°C, 3pm sunny and 21°C!

Lovely to see old pals and make some new ones.

The Forum Mascot:

Kats 'n' Deks:

Paul being Jamie Oliver:

The lefties:

The righties:

But NO Whiteys .

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
What a great day!!!Thanks to everyone who had a hand in organising the event. It went without a hitch (well the weather was a bit moist to start but you can't control that!)The day started when I met up with the crew who stayed in the Premier Inn. A quick 'Hello' followed by a short convoy and then into the park.I was V wet to start but luckily we had the trusty gazebo up in time for the worst of it. It gave me a change to wash some of the grime off my car that had accumulated on my trip there.Thanks to Deks who supplied the tea, coffee, sugar and some lovely gipsy tarts (they have a bit of a following after today!)This was my second JOG meet (my first in the UK!) and it was a pleasure to meet up with some familiar and some new faces. I knew you from here but now I know what a handsome collection of JUKE owners you all are - lucky too as the number plate bingo was easily won by 'The JUKEys'Congratulations to all those that won prizes in the raffle and tombola. HUGE thanks to Kats and John for swapping with me - I am now the proud owner of a model GT-R. You did so badly out of the swap I still feel guilty....Thankfully the weather improved midday and we were in T shirts for the afternoon. It also meant that I got out of the car park without the use of the tow rope I packed!I had a very good trip home (EXACTLY 2 hours door to door). I even caught up with a black 370Z and we had a little convoy for a couple of junctions of the M20 before they pulled off.It was only marred by a thieving toll booth at the Dartford crossing. How does a £1 coin, 2x20p and 2x5p coins add up to 1.44?! Especially since the smallest coin they accept is a 5p!!! I was sat there with it asking me for 6p and all I had was a £2 coin, so they won that. But I will draft an email tonight!If you've not been to a meet yet, make sure you book yourself up for one soon. I had a great day with lots of laughs and banter. Great company, nice people, nice cars, and I learn something new every time.Right, I'm about to open a bottle of fizzy plonk with Sarah (who passes on her apologies for not being able to make it today).Cheers all
Paul_S2012-07-14 19:16:09

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Thanks for the pics!Sorry to say I was rubbish in that department today, but there were plenty of people with cameras so I'm sure there will be some more good shots posted soon...

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Thank you Paul for being our resident barman and chef for the day. Great time had by all, about to have a glass of wine myself, will leave cleaning the wellies until tomorrow.

Baby Juke is currently in our front room, what the heck am I supposed to do with for the next 6 weeks

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
It was a pleasure. I would have rather been serving alcoholic beverages and bar snacks - perhaps another time!!I've unloaded the car and put things mostly away. The house will be in termoil for a week anyway as I'm off work to replace the kitchen so it doesn't make any difference I think you need to both use your imaginations and take some weird and interesting pics of it in different locations [

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
looking fab!!,!! what a great turnout you had and the wee Juke looked amazing. Someone from the QQ club saw a pic of your Zed on the QQ club Paul and i inadvertently called it a GTR.. oops..

Are the rest of the crowd back to the hotels and pubs now?... Looked like a fab day...

Fee xxx

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Fee wrote:looking fab!!,!! what a great turnout you had and the wee Juke looked amazing. Someone from the QQ club saw a pic of your Zed on the QQ club Paul and i inadvertently called it a GTR.. oops..Are the rest of the crowd back to the hotels and pubs now?... Looked like a fab day...Fee xxx
GT-R? I wish. I do own one now but it's only a foot long

·
Registered
665 Posts
First very many thanks to all those that attended and support the forum in every way. A big thankyou to Kats and iceman for collecting the mascot and looking after it as I had no room in my car to bring it back.A very big thankyou to Paul (aka 37oz) for supplying and controlling the refreshment bar. Athankyou to qashqai Craig for organising the event. A thank you to Nissan for supporting the event. It's a shame the weather wasn't as good in the morning as in the afternoon but we still had a great day Very pleased with the forum turnout and it was great to meet some new friends and renew some old friendships. We raised a good amount for the forum funds. The tombola prizes went down well and I think most members managed to win something. The raffle prizes were won by Acrorat (armrest)(won in the numberplate bingo arranged by QQ club)mrs D (armrest)Lizjuke60 (Chrome boot handle)Deano ( armrest)tkjuke ( jacket)A very big thankyou to all the suppliers of prizes for both the raffle and tombola details are on other threads.It was good to see some Jukers from the other forum just a shame they didnt pop along and say hellobut then we all know anything about JOG gets sensored by the joc team

Deks2012-07-15 20:15:32

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.