Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ctr from QQ forum is organising a Nissan meet at Wicksteed park for 20th July Lat year we booked over night stays locally and met up for an evening of drink and chat. The issue last year was it was a bit hurried late night arrival friday and early off to meet Sat then off home. If enough people what the latter date, then I would go but for 2 nights as in staying over Sat night aswell I believe the hotel the QQ boys booked last year had other facilities nearby like lakes and karting which could occupy Sunday. So if you would like to express and opinion here please do.I am also looking into the possibility of a cruise to the Cotswolds as suggested by Darren. so we could do either or both if the dates work out Its YOUR club and for YOU to decide so speak up please and help me out

Deks2013-03-17 14:19:52

·
Registered
665 Posts
the venue is wicksteed park as usual and the date is the 20th julylink to last years meet www.jukeownersgroup.com/wicksteed-meetthe-day_topic567.htmlJuke Owners Group Meet - Saturday 20th July.......Everyones
Welcome, the more the merrier...Meet other Owners, get ideas and
questions answered and will be Joining with the Qashqai club. For an idea of Numbers
you can put your name on the List on this Thread.Parking is £6 per car which allows access into the Park. Wicksteed has one of the Biggest free outdoor Playgrounds in Europe and is Set on large Open ParkLand with Plenty of Parking/Nissan Meet Space.......Wicksteed
has Lakes and Walks for the Less energetic. Rides are at an additional
cost and operate on a Ticket/WristBand System.Heres
the Main Site for the Park...They have a Campsite next to the Park for
anyone wishing to Camp and think Price includes free admission to the
Park and rides for duration of your stay, which is worth it over night
for 2 Days. http://wicksteedpark.co.uk/ There
is a Voucher site somewhere that gives discounts on Ride
Tickets/Wristbands. For those that want to go on rides (which i would
assume would be all the Kids, and Me....) they sell individual Tickets or Wrist bands which allow unlimited Rides all day (these were what I used the Vochers for) Last year we managed to get a discount for the park rides through this sitewww.letsgowiththechildren.co.ukCurrently there are no listed discounts but I expect this to change as the year moves on Wicksteed park - Kettering,Northamptonshire - NN15 6NJ Reviews...... http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g504022-d2155640-Reviews-Wicksteed_Park-Kettering_Northamptonshire_England.html

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I f people are going can you get your names down. Also I would recommend early booking of Premier inn if staying over there is a good one nearby that has othe amienities nearby but this will get booked up fairly quickly it did last year which meant most of us were elsewherewww.premierinn.com/en/checkHotel/NORPLI/northampton-gt-billing/a45this is nearby http://www.billingaquadrome.com/index.html there was also go karting in the area though I am unsure where this was will find out in due courseNB Gt Billing Premier is about 12 miles from Wicksteed Park we selected this hotel for its nearby activities, it is becoming well booked up so if you dont get in soon you may be disappointed. it is also only taking 2 night bookingsOther hotels are nearby you will just have to drive down in the evening if you fancy a drink with the rest of us.
Deks2013-04-03 14:29:52

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
20th July. Is the date. Would like to get an idea of numbers As last year QQ forum paid for a field for our exclusive use but this year they are not doing so. I am considering booking the field for all but not going to if I am likely to be parked in it on my own I am also considering inviting some of the other Nissan car clubs as last year like the Note and Micra clubs etc

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Right I have confiremd with Craig for the 20th. Currently in the process of securing a dedicated area for us and other attendees. I have just booked my accommodation for 2 nights Fri and Saturday night. The evenings tend to be as enjoyable as the day everytime we have met up we have had great evenings chatting and drinking this year I will be staying at http://www.premierinn.com/en/checkHotel/NORPLI/northampton-gt-billing/a45I know of 2 others currently booked in and a couple more I have let know who attended last year.I have to say this hotel gets booked up quickly so if you want to be sure of accommodation I would recommend early booking

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So March now time to get a trott on with the meet, Obviously QQ boys are going I have also posted up on the Note forum and sent a request out to the CUbes any other Nissan Marquees that might want to attendwe could ask. Need to check with Paul_S if he is free this year not least as we need a cook but maybe there is time in the Nissansportz calendar for a few Z's to turn up

1 - 20 of 106 Posts