Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thought i would treat my new Juke to a wash yesterday so i took it to my local Kosavan car wash who do an excellent job for me as they know me well..as i was sitting in the car and he was gently jet washing the car down i saw something flying through the air, i wondered what it was and saw the guy chasing after it. i got out of the car to see what it was, it was my wing mirror cover, it had just blown off as he jet washed it and it was not a direct aim at the mirror it was a sweeping movement. i couldnt believe that this could happen on a new car, obviously it hadnt been put on correctly in the first place. luckily there is no damage to it but i would have been straight back to Nissan if there had been

·
Registered
147 Posts
Get it back to the garage anyway and have it checked.This has come up on the forum before and they are normally a struggle to get removed. As deks said there could be a clip missing or the plastic hasn't been molded correctly.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have taken it in and had it checked, infact i have only just got back home from Nissan. i think the problem was that it was never fully clicked in from the on-set, it couldnt have been, mind you it could have flown off while i was driving along the road then i wouldnt have got it back

·
Registered
374 Posts
Ohhh I never take mine to a car wash jet wash the amount if swirls they cause are unreal
Hand wash is the way to go.
Think the wing mirror is held by 3 clips I think

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you are lucky you are in a position to be able to wash it yourself not all of us are able to do so ourselves,, anyway the reason i go to the same people all the time is because they do hand wash my car for me with the help of the jet wash, i would never take it through a machine wash i would sooner let it stay dirty.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
I have to say I used to take mine to the local koso wash, infact I still take the work vehicleever since becoming embroiled in forum life and learning about how to clean a car I havent been near one with the juke.It has however cost me a small fortune in cleaning materials and the such like

·
Registered
374 Posts
Your not wrong there Deks
For quality products they ain't cheap I rekon I've got over £300 in polish and waxes alone from previous motors I've owned.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no offence taken Turbo, had an accident 2 years ago on the ambulance i was working on, injured my back quite badly, finished me from the A&E side and now stuck in the control room taking 999 calls, hate it but its a job..i try and do as much as i can as ive always been a worker but the trouble is that i suffer for it afterwards..never mind, im still alive and driving a juke so life aint that bad is it mate

1 - 11 of 11 Posts