Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just booked in for my first service next tuesday, was not offered any deal when I bought the juke,
so asked how much, quoted £214.00 ow bit steep for the first service
any comments.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
I have noticed this of late that the dealers seem to be charging an excessive amount of money for what is basically an oil change and check over. You are aware that you can go to a non franchise garage as long as they are VAT registered and use genuine parts without it affecting your warranty.This to me is just another case of Nissan excessively charging on aftersales I would at the very least ask to see a break down of charges and see if another dealer is cheapermy other car has an annual service and MOT and it costs me under £150

G

·
I have mine booked in for next week with my dealer. I phoned around various Nissan dealers and got quotes from £170 (with a courtesy car) - £225. My dealer was the cheapest. Was expecting to pay a little more so happy with that. As with deks, my other car goes in for service and MOT and have been quoted £135 - £165.Lj2.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That's steep! Glad I paid the £250 upfront for 3 years servicing and breakdown cover now - first one last week and all went well (other than having to drive a Micra!) so well in fact that they performed the bumper recall at the same time without realising they'd already had my car for two weeks last year to do it!!

·
Registered
213 Posts
I agree, Tim. I consider it £250 well spent. Well, I would do if I wasn't trading it in for another Juke.
I can't carry my service plan over to my new Juke so I guess I've paid £250 for just one service. I'm going to fork out another £250 for the new one, though, as it is a good deal and I'll be keeping the next one for more than a year.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
2005holdcroft wrote:Hi AllIf it helps and your local to us we can do special price's for Owners Group Members ofPetrol models £125.00 inc vatDiesel models £150.00 inc vatCheersJOhn

Yet again another superb offer from Holdcroftsthanks JOhn and others at Holdcroft for this

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thank you John but live to far for this year maybe will try next year (if the offer is still on)
also this price I got quoted does not include a loan car thank you nissan dealer in swindon
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

·
Registered
493 Posts
glencairn wrote:

mines in for service next month,i think i got the service plan for free when we bought the car,best find the documents before we take it in
checked the documents,we got 3years free service/rac cover when we did the deal to buy the car, always ask,the worst they can say is no,AND you can always go some where else

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well had the service done. all ok, did get 10% discount as I said was a member of this club.do not know the club But worked also offererd a 6 month check free in august. with the service also get free rac cover for the year (know we alread get that but it is an offer)
SO IT DOES PAY TO MENTION THE CLUB ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Anyone had any issues with the service light reset on their DCI?Dealer didn't reset mine when I took it in, 2k miles later I've taken it back in only to be told there is a problem with the DCI service light and lots of them aren't resetting properly - so they tried again and still failed to reset it.What is more annoying is that, once reset, it will be about 3k out due to the miles I've covered since the service.Every time I have any dealings with my dealer I seem to end up feeling frustrated and let down.The flashing spanner is doing my head in as well.
Tim2012-04-05 17:06:47

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Had mine done last year, havent got a flashing spanner but they never reset the mileage to next service as when mine went in it still said 12000 miles til service and said it when it came out luckily we only do 6000 per year so it will still have not counted down to 0 by the time it goes in in November. Have not heard from anyone else saying they have had an issue with resetsWarranty issue make them fix it

·
Registered
11 Posts
^^ my thoughts exactly, when I said I didn't think them sitting back and waiting for Nissan to come up with a fix was good enough he just said 'well, that's my stance'Going back in on the 16th to have a rattle in the dash fixed and they are going to 'see if Nissan have responded' by then.It's amazing how much my dealer can make me wish I never wasted my money on the Juke each time I deal with them!

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Tim wrote:^^ my thoughts exactly, when I said I didn't think them sitting back and waiting for Nissan to come up with a fix was good enough he just said 'well, that's my stance'Going back in on the 16th to have a rattle in the dash fixed and they are going to 'see if Nissan have responded' by then.It's amazing how much my dealer can make me wish I never wasted my money on the Juke each time I deal with them!the dealer stance is totally un acceptable. If you have another local I would recommend using them in the future. As for current problem I would contact Nissan Customer service and state the issu and the dealer response you can contact them by phone or send a message to bryanna thru the forum she is listed as Nissan GB she is the social media manager but will forward your complaint to correct dept

·
Registered
11 Posts
Tell me about it, every experience with this dealer appears to be a bad one - they get some things right, but can't seem to do the basics!This dealer is ~10 miles from me versus the next closest at ~35 miles; needless to say the extra miles will no doubt be worth it to visit a dealer (not from the same chain) who may be able to offer more of the customer experience I expect...!I'll give NCS a call after the bank holidays and see what they have to say about the DCI service light fault. Meanwhile I might look up the service light reset process and have a go myself to see if it's just their technicians doing something incorrectly.I'll let you know how it goes!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks LJ2 - I tried to reset it myself this morning and surprise surprise it worked first time and light was reset within about 10 seconds.

Level of dealer incompetence is even greater than I thought

1 - 20 of 65 Posts