1.5 dci misfire

New to the Nissan Juke Forums? Introduce yourself here
Miff_uk
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:25 pm

1.5 dci misfire

Post by Miff_uk » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:40 pm

ZMJW wrote: Miff_uk wrote: PS, mine is chipped and it still does it on the new map, so its doubtful the dealer will be able to fix this with a fuel map.

Miff

Sorry to hijack the thread here but how/ where did you get your diesel chipped? I thought I saw somewhere that the start/ stop models were harder to do? :)

No, its a dead easy plug in system from DTE. just plugs into to the injector electrics at the front of the engine and a power to the battery. I bought the system for my old Jeep Cherokee, and had it re-mapped for the juke. Unfortunately,DTE say that engine is not very strong so won't tweak it up took much. I get an extra 5mph up my test hill and an increase in fuel economy. 60 mpg on a motorway round trip York to Nottingham.

Miff
http://www.dte-diesel-tuning.com
Juke Tekna, metallic black, LED side and number plate lights, Ring Xenon headlight bulbs. DTS 'fuel economy' box


MartinR
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:09 pm

1.5 dci misfire

Post by MartinR » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:34 pm

5th gear and 1750 rpm will cause a judder in any diesel car on an incline cange down a gear .


Miff_uk
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:25 pm

1.5 dci misfire

Post by Miff_uk » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:54 pm

MartinR wrote: 5th gear and 1750 rpm will cause a judder in any diesel car on an incline cange down a gear .



Really ? Why ? We are talking a slight incline here and it doesn't do it a 1400 rpm. Maybe its when the torque cuts in.
Miff
Juke Tekna, metallic black, LED side and number plate lights, Ring Xenon headlight bulbs. DTS 'fuel economy' box


User avatar
actd
Posts: 2258
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:18 am

1.5 dci misfire

Post by actd » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:39 pm

Fee wrote:The only issue i have in mine is a judder at about 1750 revs in 5th gear going up a slight incline. Cant be replicated at any other time or situation but this has been reported to Arnold Clark and they could replicate it. I know mine isnt a one off.Fee x
Just noticed this, Fee - from your signature, you have both a pre-stop/start and a stop/start - do they both do it? I never had the issue with my dCi when I had it.
2012 - Acenta Premium dCI - Gun metallic
2014 - Acenta Premium 1.2 DiG-T - Nightshade
2015 - Acenta Premium 1.6 DiG-T - Black
2017 - N-Connecta 1.6 DiG-T - Black


User avatar
ZMJW
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:08 am

1.5 dci misfire

Post by ZMJW » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:06 am

Miff_uk wrote: ZMJW wrote: Miff_uk wrote: PS, mine is chipped and it still does it on the new map, so its doubtful the dealer will be able to fix this with a fuel map.

Miff

Sorry to hijack the thread here but how/ where did you get your diesel chipped? I thought I saw somewhere that the start/ stop models were harder to do? :)

No, its a dead easy plug in system from DTE. just plugs into to the injector electrics at the front of the engine and a power to the battery. I bought the system for my old Jeep Cherokee, and had it re-mapped for the juke. Unfortunately,DTE say that engine is not very strong so won't tweak it up took much. I get an extra 5mph up my test hill and an increase in fuel economy. 60 mpg on a motorway round trip York to Nottingham.

Miff
http://www.dte-diesel-tuning.com


Awesome, thanks for the info! I've also been looking at a remap by bluefin (superchips) so I'll add this to the equation! :)


Miff_uk
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:25 pm

1.5 dci misfire

Post by Miff_uk » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:27 pm

My thinking was the external chip was removable if the car was going in for servicing or transferrable when swapping cars.
My mate who re-maps cars says dealers rarely check on the tuning / mapping so its even more invisible. But you leave it on the car.
Difficult choice....
Miff
Juke Tekna, metallic black, LED side and number plate lights, Ring Xenon headlight bulbs. DTS 'fuel economy' box


User avatar
Fee
Posts: 2057
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:08 pm

1.5 dci misfire

Post by Fee » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:17 pm

actd wrote: Fee wrote:The only issue i have in mine is a judder at about 1750 revs in 5th gear going up a slight incline. Cant be replicated at any other time or situation but this has been reported to Arnold Clark and they could replicate it. I know mine isnt a one off.

Fee x

Just noticed this, Fee - from your signature, you have both a pre-stop/start and a stop/start - do they both do it? I never had the issue with my dCi when I had it.

Hiya, Nope it didn't do it in the old one, just this new updated diesel... more Annoying than anything
1.5dci Tekna Gunmetal/Red - June 2015
1.5dci Ntec in White - 2013
1.5dci Acenta Premium in white 2010


User avatar
actd
Posts: 2258
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:18 am

1.5 dci misfire

Post by actd » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:17 pm

That explains why I never had it.
2012 - Acenta Premium dCI - Gun metallic
2014 - Acenta Premium 1.2 DiG-T - Nightshade
2015 - Acenta Premium 1.6 DiG-T - Black
2017 - N-Connecta 1.6 DiG-T - Black


Marsden1002
Posts: 840
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:55 pm

1.5 dci misfire

Post by Marsden1002 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:16 am

Yep mine does it. 1st 2nd 3rd 4th and 6th are all OK at 1500 rpm going up a slight hill it's just 5th.

Let us know if it develops clutch judder aswell. I'm now putting up with that after 22k! Sooner I can get rid the better - just riding it out for the moment


User avatar
GAMBA
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:01 pm

1.5 dci misfire

Post by GAMBA » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:20 pm

Hi dealer had car for 4 days 180 miles later still say there is nothing wrong but will keep the case open with NISSAN in case someone comes up with a solution as this appears to be an ongoing problem that the owners are having to be test dummies for NISSAN . If a solution is found here in the South West I will let everyone know as DEVON seems to run on diesel


Post Reply

Return to “Introductions”