Newbie with DPF issues

New to the Nissan Juke Forums? Introduce yourself here
MitchellZ73

Newbie with DPF issues

Post by MitchellZ73 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:30 am

Hi All, I bought my 1.5 DCI Acenta 4x2 beginning of July. It's a 65 plate with only 6k miles on the clock. 2 days after getting it the amber malfunction warning light came on. I called out the RAC and they cleared the light as they couldn't find an obvious problem and the car was driving fine. 2 days later the light came on again and I called out the RAC again (making full use of the free cover). Same issue (DTC: 11302629, unknown). I told him not to clear the light and I went to my nearest Nissan dealership and asked them to have a look. Booked the car in, they had a look and said there was a recall on the vehicle due to an issue with the DPF and a software upgrade was needed. They didn't really go into much detail about it, but only to tell me that it would be covered by the warranty. I had to google it find out what it meant. If its a recall it would make no difference whether it was under warranty or not, would it? Anyway, I had to rebook as they didn't have the part . It went in last week and after 3 days I got the car back. I asked the matey behind the desk at the dealership if there was any paperwork for me to say what had been done. He said " Don't worry about that, it goes straight to Nissan as its under the warranty". I'm a bit miffed that he wouldn't give me a copy as I have no idea what they actually did. Well, after 2 days the warning light has appeared again and I'm so disappointed. I love the car, it's great to drive but this really has put a complete downer on it. I've now got to go back to the dealership today and get them to look at it again. Anyone else had the similar problem? Rgs MitchellZ73

MikeGC

Newbie with DPF issues

Post by MikeGC » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:07 am

Commiserations, Mitchell
I too have the 1.5 dci but fortunately have had no problems.

Keep us updated with your progress and good luck
MikeGC
1.5dci gunmetal grey ascenta premium with red exterior/interior packs

actd

Newbie with DPF issues

Post by actd » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:40 pm

as a matter of interest, what sort of mileage are you doing and what is your daily journey like?

I don't know whether it's related, but I have a recall notice for my 1.6 DiG-T (and someone at work also has one for a 1.6 DiG-T QQ) for a software update is it may fail to report an error.actd2016-08-01 20:42:46
2012 - Acenta Premium dCI - Gun metallic
2014 - Acenta Premium 1.2 DiG-T - Nightshade
2015 - Acenta Premium 1.6 DiG-T - Black
2017 - N-Connecta 1.6 DiG-T - Black

MitchellZ73

Newbie with DPF issues

Post by MitchellZ73 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:53 pm

Im doing over 50 miles a day during the week and my journey home is down the M4 for a good 20 mins. Weekends are mainly around town. But bear in mind the light came on the day after I picked it up.

Funnily enough I had a mobile tow bar fitter come round this morning (now £500 lighter... but that is for another rant at a later date). He knew exactly what I was talking about with the DPF issue.

He said to get a dpf additive and add that to the fuel every 3 months or so.

Im off to my local Nissan dealer first thing tomorrow as Ive explained Im off camping next week and need it sorted. I asked the chap if they had a courtesy car with a towbar...just in case.

actd

Newbie with DPF issues

Post by actd » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:33 am

Sounds like your journey shouldn't be an issue for a diesel. Wonder if the previous owner was doing short journeys. Shouldn't matter anyway, with it happening day after you picked it up, they can't say it's your fault if the DPF is blocked.
2012 - Acenta Premium dCI - Gun metallic
2014 - Acenta Premium 1.2 DiG-T - Nightshade
2015 - Acenta Premium 1.6 DiG-T - Black
2017 - N-Connecta 1.6 DiG-T - Black

MitchellZ73

Newbie with DPF issues

Post by MitchellZ73 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:04 am

And so the saga continues. Due to take car back to garage for the 5th time on Thursday. So far they have replaced the DPF and loaded and reloaded the software on numerous occasions and still the Engine Malfunction light comes on. They have clocked up 100+ miles driving it about to see if the light comes back on when they have it....typical, it didn't.I asked if this is a known issue and they said that they are aware of similar cases. I'm fine with the fact that it's under warranty and not costing me anything to sort out but its now the inconvenience and hassle and it's embarrassing to have to call them ....we're on first name terms now. We'll be exchanging Christmas cards at this rate.Every time I get a courtesy car its filthy with empty bottles and looks like someones been to the local tip with it. It's a 1.2 petrol Note and when you have to drive it for a week and clock over 250 miles its not the best. There was talk of them replacing the Oxygen Exhaust Sensor at one point but apparently one of the Nissan GB Senior Technicians came to the garage and said that it wasn't that and that it is most likely a glitch in the software. I'm getting a bit fed up with it now and just want it sorted. I contacted Nissan Customer Service yesterday and logged a case reference with them and now waiting to be called back. At what point do you say enough is enough????? Sorry.....just having a general moan. My work colleagues are getting bored with this ongoing saga.

MikeGC

Newbie with DPF issues

Post by MikeGC » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:46 pm

As someone famous once said "it's good to talk"
Feel free to get it off your chest and it's all helpful info for the future.

Fingers crossed for you
MikeGC

MikeGC

Newbie with DPF issues

Post by MikeGC » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:50 pm

MikeGC

thewaspman

Newbie with DPF issues

Post by thewaspman » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:22 pm

if it was a used car, could you not return the car and ask for a full refund, as the car appears to be faulty?
Ink Blue 1.5dci Acenta 2014
Silver 1.5dci Acenta 2011

Miff_uk

Newbie with DPF issues

Post by Miff_uk » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:22 pm

It's clearly a software fault and not an actual physical fault with that mileage and your typical journey.

Unfortunately, the mechanics job is nearly dead and the electrician's are the new mechanics!

Miff
Juke Tekna, metallic black, LED side and number plate lights, Ring Xenon headlight bulbs. DTS 'fuel economy' box

Return to “Introductions”