Auto light on dash flashes consistently

New to the Nissan Juke Forums? Introduce yourself here
Crossy61

Auto light on dash flashes consistently

Post by Crossy61 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:16 am

I have recently received my Juke and the above light is flashing all the time , is there a way of resetting or do I purchase a new battery from Nissan or can I purchase from a normal garage and have fitted , any assistance would be welcome.

Bernie

Re: Auto light on dash flashes consistently

Post by Bernie » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:54 am

Hi Crossy61, You don't mention if your car is under warrany or anything about which model it is, If it's under warranty then take it back to the dealer.

If it's not under warranty then you can buy a battery from anywhere you want, if your car is stop/start then the battery will cost you more because the battery has to have extra power to manage the stop/start system.
Its only a Juke if it's RED.

acrorat

Post by acrorat » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:29 pm

I just spotted this in the other place:

"My Start Stop warning light started flashing and I could not get it to stop. I read on a firm where someone had the same issue in a Nissan Note and solved it by pressing the clutch pedal to the floor whilst the car was in neutral gear and the flashing light disappeared. I tried this and believe me it worked. Start Stop feature is back up and functioning once again as it should."
Haptic Blue Tekna AWD 08/11/11

Crossy61

Post by Crossy61 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:45 pm

Bernie wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:54 am
Hi Crossy61, You don't mention if your car is under warrany or anything about which model it is, If it's under warranty then take it back to the dealer.

If it's not under warranty then you can but a battery from anywhere you want, if your car is stop/start then the battery will cost you more because the battery has to have extra power to manage the stop/start system.
No warranty left so i will look at option of buying battery from elsewhere and explain the issue hopefully they will understand, thanks for reply

Duncan22

Post by Duncan22 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:04 pm

Good advice about getting a battery elsewhere, recently changed my battery only to find the battery clamp was too small for the new battery, yes I measured the battery before purchase to ensure it was the correct size but the original nissan battery has a small step the clamp goes on the new battery did not so I had to purchase a set of new battery clamps, no big deal they are cheap enough.
Check the ratings on your old battery along with any other info to compare these against the new battery you are going to buy.

Return to “Introductions”