Nissan Juke Forum banner

8K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Bernie 
#1 ·
Hi just thought I'd introduce my myself just bought my first Juke, 2012 with just under 40k on the clock. Its metallic bronze Really pleased at the moment.

Sorry to be so quick off the mark, but looking for a little advice and have a couple of questions below if any body can help.

1. The LCD on the radio looses its brightness after running for a while. any idea whats happening here?
2. Looking to fit a rear spoiler any idea on a supplier and fitter in the Cheshire area and what sort of rough price i should I expect to pay?
3. Looking at fitting rear parking sensors again any idea supplier and fitter in Cheshire area?

#3 ·
Hi, I am pretty certain that my display automatically dims when my lights come on , I think the point where this automatically happens may be adjustable on the settings, I have a 2011 Tekna with the reverse camera and sat nav so in the dark it would be too bright compared to the daytime brightness. Hope this may be what you are refering to.
Good luck with the new car 👍

#4 ·
Hi.
You did not say what spec you have and as tonputter said the dash dims when the lights are used. I did see on face book how to fit a spoiler which was very useful BUT :eek: you would need a good selection of tools, I think this would be a garage job. The rear parking sensors would need the right hole cutter for the plastic.
Mike.

#7 ·
Thank you all for your prompt and helpful reply's, really appreciated.

The LED on the radio isn't the night mode thing (panel lights dim when car driving lights are on). When I first go to the car and switch the ignition the led brightness is fine, however after about 10 minutes it dims to the point you cant see what is on the radio without touching or switching on anything , I'm wondering when the led gets warm is causing the problem as if you leave it standing for an hour or so it works ok for 10. mins or so before it dims again.

The model by the way is an Acenta without NAV or Reversing camera.

Thanks.
Kaz

#9 ·
Hi Guys you will see from my posts {above Ginger Ninja's post} I am having a problem with the Radio, no Sat Nav fitted, the led display fades after about 10/15 mins or so at this point it cant be seen. As nobody has come up with any answers I am thinking of buying an after market radio, however I'm confused will an aftermarket one show all the information a factory radio shows? With this in mind can anybody recommend a brand and model which would be compatible please?

Thanks Rob.

#10 ·
Hi Guys you will see from my posts {above Ginger Ninja's post} I am having a problem with the Radio, no Sat Nav fitted, the led display fades after about 10/15 mins or so at this point it cant be seen. As nobody has come up with any answers I am thinking of buying an after market radio, however I'm confused will an aftermarket one show all the information a factory radio shows? With this in mind can anybody recommend a brand and model which would be compatible please?

Thanks Rob.

#14 ·
Aftermarket are unlikely to show anything Nissan provide. Some aftermarket systems used to have interfaces to allow certain features to work, but not so common nowadays. Aftermarket seems to be dead as most factory radios are very good.

I would take the radio apart, check the voltages and connectoions to the LED and fix it that way. Or find a replacement off ebay from one being broken.

#16 ·
Hi Butch,Welcome to the forum, Now as to your bleep, I am presuming you are under warranty so write down all your niggling worries about the car and then make a phone call to your dealer and book it in, you are also entitled to a courtesy car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.