Nissan Juke Forum banner

Front Discs - Juke Nismo RS DiG-T

5K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  mart01 
#1 ·
Hi,
The car was purchased in January 2017 and at the first service in January 2018 (7600 Miles on the clock) I was given an advisory on the front discs because of slight surface corrosion where the pads do not touch the discs. The suggested replacement cost was £455.39. When challenged the agent said that it was not important and no problem.
I have noticed that this type of corrosion is common on all types of cars! My Mazda had over 40,000 miles on the clock and had similar surface corrosion with out any problem.
I am experiencing wobbling on the steering wheel when I break hard from speed, no problems at any other braking situation even slow braking from speed. I reported this in April 2018 with approximately 9600 miles on the clock. The agent told me that this wobbling can only be caused by warped discs and that the car is safe to drive. The car was purchased from new with 3 year warranty and service. The agent and Nissan are refusing to replace the discs because the discs are a "wear and tear item". They state that the discs have warped because I failed to have the surface corrosion noted on the advisory investigated.
I maintain that if the discs warp after such a short period of time and low mileage there must be a manufacturing or fitting fault and should be covered by the warranty. I have now reported this to the Motor Ombudsman, has anyone else had a similar experience?

Regards, John

See less See more
#2 ·
you will always get surface rust on anything due to oxidization. warped discs are due to overheating, either no bed in process, hard constant braking ie sometimes experience brake fade, or when you are stuck in traffic lights, etc and foot is constantly on the pedal instead of using the handbrake. The other thing is the disc/discs could be slightly out of balance or where the disc meets the hub is not flush. if the discs are warped this is a mot fail, so will need new discs and pads at the same time

#5 ·
Thanks for the replies. The agent did not explain how they arrived at their conclusion, not indication of the degree of warping I think that saying it was caused by not having the surface rust removed is absolute rubbish. I will wait for the conclusion of the Ombudsman before deciding how to proceed further. Otherwise a great car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.