Front tyres ...

In here for all your general Nismo chat
Mark_T

Front tyres ...

Post by Mark_T » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:54 pm

vexorg wrote:Mark_T wrote:Let me just add, the Nismo RS is not my first car that actually does something when you press the accelerator, I've had a BMW Z3, and several 3 series, 325, 328 Sport etc.
Ah, bmw driver, apologies, will say no more You do love your stereotypes don't you, this one is no more valid than the last but I'm sure that won't stop you.

Mark_T

Front tyres ...

Post by Mark_T » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:57 pm

Gadget wrote:No problem I have had all sorts of tyres in the past from Goodyear Eagles, Yokohama,Toyo Proxies etc and the way I used to drive them thinking they were the dogs to find out the efficiency in the dry compared to wet conditions is frightening.I don't nexpect a tyre to work one hundred percent in the dry and wet but expect something in the nineties not in the nineties in the dry and in the sixties in the wet.So true sadly.I used to love Continentals in my biking days, but these do seem just a bit too soft unfortunately.

Guests

Front tyres ...

Post by Guests » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:43 pm

Mark_T wrote:You do love your stereotypes don't you, this one is no more valid than the last but I'm sure that won't stop you.
Smilies = joke, lighten up a bit!Other than the girly BMW cars, where are the stereotypes? People here think the juke is a powerful car that shreds trees, that's a comical stereotype because they stick "nismo" on the back of the car.

MikeGC

Front tyres ...

Post by MikeGC » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:36 pm

vex,

I don't think anyone is suggesting that the Nismo is so powerful that it shreds tyres, in my humble opinion we are all saying that the tyres are super soft

Try not to paint yourself into a corner, you've made some valuable contributions
MikeGC
1.5dci gunmetal grey ascenta premium with red exterior/interior packs

acrorat

Front tyres ...

Post by acrorat » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:53 pm

[/QUOTE] People here think the juke is a powerful car that shreds trees, that's a comical stereotype because they stick "nismo" on the back of the car. [/QUOTE]
I have a rather unruly Leylandii hedge, if anyone would like to shred it for me :)
Haptic Blue Tekna AWD 08/11/11

Mark_T

Front tyres ...

Post by Mark_T » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:56 pm

So, this got a little more interesting.I emailed Nissan Customer Services to get their perspective but had no reply after a couple of days so I phoned in.Initial response was that there was no general problem on file with regard to Juke front tyres.I nudged again and suggested checking specifically for the Nismo RS, and after a little keyboard tapping the response was 'let me open a case for you'.I was told to expect an update by Tuesday next week.... but, they actually called back within an hour. I wasn't expecting a call that fast and missed it, so I'll have to wait until Monday.Still not assuming any particular outcome, but I'll stretch these tyres a little further and wait until Monday before doing anything else.The Juke Nismo RS certainly has plenty of power for its size and weight, but it isn't that hard to drive it without wheel spin so it certainly shouldn't be shredding tyres unless seriously provoked.If you check reports in general for the ContiSport 5, there is a common thread of rapid wear that doesn't seem to be linked to any particular car.These are just very soft tyres. I'll just wait and see if Nissan feel they are just a bit too soft ...

Guests

Front tyres ...

Post by Guests » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:16 am

acrorat wrote: People here think the juke is a powerful car that shreds trees, that's a comical stereotype because they stick "nismo" on the back of the car.
I have a rather unruly Leylandii hedge, if anyone would like to shred it for me :)
autocorrect on the mac for a typo, but maybe they should fit wooden tyres if they are bitching about the miles. Simple logic defies some people......

acrorat

Front tyres ...

Post by acrorat » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:11 am

That's easily sorted:Open System Preferences (choose Apple > System Preferences).Choose Keyboards.Click the Text tab.Deselect the tick in Correct Spelling Automatically.
Haptic Blue Tekna AWD 08/11/11

DAVE.B

Front tyres ...

Post by DAVE.B » Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:19 pm

Hi Mark, any update on tyres?

Mark_T

Front tyres ...

Post by Mark_T » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:06 pm

Car is booked in next week for a tyre report.So far I can't fault Nissan, they took my concern seriously and they are going through the steps, so let';s see what the outcome is ...

Return to “Nismo Discussion”