Front tyres ...

In here for all your general Nismo chat
wrinkly47

Front tyres ...

Post by wrinkly47 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:49 pm

Hi MarkMy rs is due to be delivered in three weeks time. Will be interested to note what tyres are fitted. Must say as a former motorcyclist, I would agree only the stickiest is good enough if you value your safety, regardless of tyre life.

Gadget

Front tyres ...

Post by Gadget » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:00 pm

wrinkly47 wrote:
Hi MarkMy rs is due to be delivered in three weeks time. Will be interested to note what tyres are fitted. Must say as a former motorcyclist, I would agree only the stickiest is good enough if you value your safety, regardless of tyre life.
I have been to customers today and his RS is on continentals again "Oh Hum"?
The First Nismo On The Forum Collected 13-3-2013       
Give It A Rest Storm White Is Best With Red Stitching.Tuned BY Litchfield Running 242.8 BHP

Mark_T

Front tyres ...

Post by Mark_T » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:23 pm

I don't think they have ever changed from delivering them with Continentals have they?It will be interesting to see how Nissan respond.If these tyres had worn down between 8-9000 I don't think I'd have even asked a question as yes, I expect soft tyres to wear quickly and I want good grip so soft is the way to go.It was finding the tyres down to the legal limit after only 6,000 that raised the question in my mind.

Gadget

Front tyres ...

Post by Gadget » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:24 pm

Mark_T wrote:I don't think they have ever changed from delivering them with Continentals have they?It will be interesting to see how Nissan respond.If these tyres had worn down between 8-9000 I don't think I'd have even asked a question as yes, I expect soft tyres to wear quickly and I want good grip so soft is the way to go.It was finding the tyres down to the legal limit after only 6,000 that raised the question in my mind.[/QUOTEIn answer to your question the original Nismo's came with Michelins when the RS came out they switched to continentals then they found out the conti's had the wrong compound they switched back to Michelins now it looks as if they have reverted back.i have one thought but may be wrong it may be down to the LSD keeping it from slipping may just be grinding the rubber off ?.
The First Nismo On The Forum Collected 13-3-2013       
Give It A Rest Storm White Is Best With Red Stitching.Tuned BY Litchfield Running 242.8 BHP

actd

Front tyres ...

Post by actd » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:21 pm

wrinkly47 wrote:
A former motorcylist also - I certainly remember plenty of stories of £150 rear tyres (15 years ago price) being worn out at 1500 miles.
2012 - Acenta Premium dCI - Gun metallic
2014 - Acenta Premium 1.2 DiG-T - Nightshade
2015 - Acenta Premium 1.6 DiG-T - Black
2017 - N-Connecta 1.6 DiG-T - Black

Mark_T

Front tyres ...

Post by Mark_T » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:07 pm

Gadget wrote:Mark_T wrote:In answer to your question the original Nismo's came with Michelins when the RS came out they switched to continentals then they found out the conti's had the wrong compound they switched back to Michelins now it looks as if they have reverted back.i have one thought but may be wrong it may be down to the LSD keeping it from slipping may just be grinding the rubber off ?.Interesting, when did they switch back to the Michelins, and were they the Super Sports?

Harbo

Front tyres ...

Post by Harbo » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:30 pm

I replaced my front tyres with Bridgestone Potenza Sport
Done 3500 miles.So far looks like a good replacement to the originals.
Taking my wife and son up to Edinburgh on Monday for a couple of days
It will be the furthest the car has been.
The Contis on the back after 10000 miles seem fine

B17BLG

Front tyres ...

Post by B17BLG » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:33 pm

Would anybody change their tyres all round to a 40 profile instead of 45?

There are then a greater choice of tyre on the market and also because that size is much more common the price comes down by £20 per tyre.

No really bothered on how the car would look as it's being lowered slightly on springs so it would offset the gap.

Jismo

Front tyres ...

Post by Jismo » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:45 pm

B17BLG wrote: Would anybody change their tyres all round to a 40 profile instead of 45?

There are then a greater choice of tyre on the market and also because that size is much more common the price comes down by £20 per tyre.

No really bothered on how the car would look as it's being lowered slightly on springs so it would offset the gap.

That would technically invalidate your insurance.
2013 Silver Nismo

B17BLG

Front tyres ...

Post by B17BLG » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:51 pm

Jismo wrote: B17BLG wrote: Would anybody change their tyres all round to a 40 profile instead of 45?

That would technically invalidate your insurance.

I'm sure it wouldn't if I advised them. Just like buying aftermarket wheels which are a different size and declaring them.

Return to “Nismo Discussion”