Nissan Juke Forum banner

Front tyres ...

39K views 89 replies 24 participants last post by  Mark_T 
#1 ·
So I've got just over 6,000 on my RS now so it is time to change the front tyres :)Any recommendations for replacements from other Nismo drivers?

#2 ·
Hi Mark, do you think that 6000 miles is acceptable by the way you drive? I presume that you have Continentals fitted to yours? My Nismo came factory fitted with Michelins and my RS with Continentals. I was quite impressed with the Michelins, and they still had life in them after 11000 miles. I asked if I could have them when I ordered my RS, but was told that it would probably have Continentals.

#5 ·
Nissan agreed to chsnge the tyres on my Rs but then changed their minds after they found out I had replaced them at my expense
I even had the old worn continentals to give them and was willing to take the new tyres off and put the worn tyres back on which they agreed to in the morning then phoned me back in the afternoon and refused

So don't replace them because nissan wont once they're off the car even though the

#6 ·
If you look through the forum there's a lot of nismo drivers that have changed their tyres (continentals) at less than 8,000 miles I had to change all four of mine at 7,500 miles on my CVT AWD nismo luckily I have my tyres in my service agreement. The continentals are very soft but you get great grip wet and dry. I don't know enough about different brands of tyres to make recommendations about other brands.

#10 ·
Didn't expect to but all the info was out there that you would be changing at around 8000 miles. So for me that's three sets of tyres over the three years some cars are heavy on their tyres the nismo is at that extreme. Other brands of tyre may last longer but the OME work with the tyre manufacturers to give optimum performance. I would expect better grip than longevity was the mantra. To be honest I'm happier with the best grip I can get from a tyre. My longevity than that of a tyre.

#11 ·
Bighbomb wrote:Didn't expect to but all the info was out there that you would be changing at around 8000 miles. So for me that's three sets of tyres over the three years some cars are heavy on their tyres the nismo is at that extreme. Other brands of tyre may last longer but the OME work with the tyre manufacturers to give optimum performance. I would expect better grip than longevity was the mantra. To be honest I'm happier with the best grip I can get from a tyre. My longevity than that of a tyre. Pretty much how I feel about it.It was hardly a surprise that they would need changing early and I bought the RS knowing that it was likely.I've asked Nissan if they consider this normal or not and if they don't then that is great, but if they do then I'm happy to go buy my new tyres, hence me asking for suggestions rather than doing a 'stunned and amazed' post to see if anyone else had the issue as I've known all along that others did have the issue :)

#17 ·
vexorg wrote:Hooligan driving style thenAbsolutely not.I'm not spinning my wheels away from every junction (or any junction for that matter).These tyres just simply don't last long with the RS.They grip well, but seem to be very soft and they do wear rapidly with little or no provocation.

#23 ·
Harbo wrote:Are you the only righteous person in the world
What's that meant to mean???If your tyres are only lasting 6k miles with normal driving, then choose a better brand. Our jukes is over 9k with original tyres still lots of life in them. Go figure how the rest of the world gets by on magical tyres.

#25 ·
Can we calm the tone down a bit guys, there isn't a need to make personal or derogatory comments as it doesn't help anyone get any answers.From my view (I don't have a Nismo though) it's not just about wheel spinning (or not), but also the roads you drive on. This might help http://www.howacarworks.com/wheels-and-tyres/avoiding-tyre-wear

#26 ·
Just go with 'performance budgets'! They're cheap, last longer, and they're absolutely perfectly acceptable for everyday driving! 4 Event tyres on my Nismo were £220 fitted and to be honest they're some of the best tyres I've had!

Incidentally the Event tyres have a wet grip rating of B and fuel efficiency rating of C. Jismo2015-12-10 19:20:58

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.