Front tyres ...

In here for all your general Nismo chat
SKYLINE

Front tyres ...

Post by SKYLINE » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:25 pm

RussTheJuke83 wrote:
I've just noticed My Conti's on the front have had it already after 6700 miles. Right one not far off the wear indicator and the left is on the indicator (probably from roundabouts).On my Sport Clio 197, which had the same tyres as the Juke came with, think they lasted 12k(ish).I replaced them with Hankook V12 Evo's back then and they wore better and not any different in terms of grip.Don't think I can be bothered with contacting Nissan!!Where have people gone to get their tyres recently? Online?
Tyreleader, Camskill, Pneus online, tyre traders are all worth checking - got my last 2 sets of Michelin pilot sports from tyreleader though as they were by far the cheapest......

Mark_T

Front tyres ...

Post by Mark_T » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:51 pm

Personally I'd make the call to Nissan...One call to Customer Services, one visit to my dealer for a check and I got two free tyres.Worth noting, the actual advisory note the dealer showed me referred to uneven wear problems on the 1.5 diesel, so this is not a specific Nismo issue.

Blobby

Front tyres ...

Post by Blobby » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:53 pm

Just reading about tyre issues, Nissan replaced front tyres on my mark 1 nismo after 6000 miles, there is a known fault with the continental tyres, the centre treads wore off and after advise from a friend at factory I contacted Nissan GB and they agreed to replace tyres.
I have the new RS model now and have just had all 4 tyres changed after only 700 miles as they were faulty and caused the car to pull to the left all the time , the car now drives fantastic but am still expecting the continentals to wear out quickly .
Am amazed Nissan have not changed brands after all the problems with these tyres.

bullyboy

Front tyres ...

Post by bullyboy » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:00 am

Per my previous post my fronts are down to 2 mm in the middle after 8,600 miles. As I am trading it for a QQ which should arrive in the next 2-4 weeks I am not replacing as dealer said these should last and not using the car much at the moment. If I was not changing the car I would have started a case with the dealer/Nissan for replacement due to early wear. I drive it fairly hard but never had a car that has gone through tyres this quickly. Just my tuppence worth
Cheers
Paul
---------
16 plate qashqai tekna 1.6 digt
(Did have 63 plate 2wd Nismo in blade silver)

actd

Front tyres ...

Post by actd » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:15 pm

This may be a silly question, but if it's wearing the centre, could it be that the tyres are over-inflated? Certainly all three of my Jukes were delivered with over-inflated tyres so unless they are corrected (and the TPMS reset on the facelift jukes), centre wear is going to happen. I'm guessing mine are going to last about 12k miles from the wear, and it's even across the width of the tyres.
2012 - Acenta Premium dCI - Gun metallic
2014 - Acenta Premium 1.2 DiG-T - Nightshade
2015 - Acenta Premium 1.6 DiG-T - Black
2017 - N-Connecta 1.6 DiG-T - Black

Blobby

Front tyres ...

Post by Blobby » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:59 pm

No,tyres were correctly inflated, at the time there was a problem with 18 inch continentals fitted to high torque engines which caused uneven tyre wear. When I took it to dealer to have them replaced he had another one there with the exact same problem.
A friend at factory told me michelins are better option but I have not tried these yet as Nissan refitted continentals which still had some life in them after 11000 miles when I traded it in .

Weety

Front tyres ...

Post by Weety » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:51 am

Just reading this thread and I would like to know how people approached the dealership on this on. My RS tires are at the legal limit at 11 months old with 4300 miles. When I first picked it up it was pulling to the left, so they ended up swapping the front tires to the back and adjusting the tracking which improved it, so I'm now convinced i have a faulty set of tires. What I want to know it is how to approach this with the dealer. I don't want to go in all guns blazing first off and shouting about how Nissan GB have admitted the fault an I want them replacing this instant. How have you guys who have had success in getting replacements done it?Past experience with my dealer is I know they're going to try fob me off, so i want a bit off ammunition before i go in. Thanks All
Weety2016-02-22 10:52:30

Blobby

Front tyres ...

Post by Blobby » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:37 pm

Hi,had same problem with my new RS, pulled to left driving me mad!! Dealer had it 3 times to do the tracking finally through Nissan GB it went back to factory for tests and after these were complete they changed all 4 tyres as they were found to be faulty.
The car had only done under 700 miles, it now drives fantastic! Can not believe the difference.

Blobby

Front tyres ...

Post by Blobby » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:53 pm

The dealers sit up and listen to Nissan GB, just stay calm and polite and tell them it is not acceptable to be replacing tyres after 4300 miles.
They appointed a manager to deal with my complaints on the mark 1 nismo and the RS , they listen to you and on both occasions dealt with the problems to my satisfaction. ( changed tyres )
You must first register your complaint with them and then let the dealer try to resolve it, if they can not then Nissan GB will get involved, hope this helps and good luck.

wrinkly47

Front tyres ...

Post by wrinkly47 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:45 pm

Hi Weety. A powerful fwd motor running sticky tyres is never going to achieve high tyre mileage but, unless you spend every weekend at Santa Pod, 4300 miles is totally unacceptable. Blobby is giving you good advice on how to handle the situation and I hope you get the problem resolved quickly.

Return to “Nismo Discussion”