Nissan Juke Forum banner

engine stuttering

4K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Halfpint 
#1 ·
hey guys had an issue with the nismo the other day went to pull away on a long road and the car got to around 2k and started to hold back and stutter and then die until it went below 2k revs i have had cars go into limp mode in the past and it didn't seem like this and there were no lights come up on the dash i pulled in and switched the engine off and left it for a few mins and it started fine and then it was about ten mins later it did it again but not as bad and then cleared its self It was a very wet day that day so wasn't sure if maybe it was water that caused it Thanks

#2 ·
Hi craigy3 possible water ingress but I doubt it unless you have been hammering through flood water sounds like a firing problem or fuel starvation depending on how old it is you could also have a loose baffle in the exhaust somewhere which is shifting under load and blocking the exhaust gasses from escaping try it standing still on the drive and rev it up if it revs all the way then you can rule out exhaust if it holds back on revs I will bet my Mrs on it thats the problem How old is the car ?

Halfpint2016-02-01 18:38:18

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.