Magic 1000

In here for all your general Nismo chat
wrinkly47

Magic 1000

Post by wrinkly47 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:01 am

The first 1000 miles has taken me quite some time to achieve due to recent weather conditions etc. I have followed the running in procedures to the letter more or less but now feel less restrained. So, it has just had its first taste of full throttle acceleration and performed to expectations. Ok it may not be the fastest car I have driven but it is the first turbo equipped one. The most surprising aspect is how the acceleration just keeps steady through the gears and reaches license losing speeds before you realise. I have the cvt model and perhaps I should have said `simulated` gears. At the time I was in sport mode and using auto mode rather than paddle shifts, No matter what. I am one very satisfied Nismo owner. Roll on July when I am taking the car (but not the better half) to the Isle of Man(the one place in the British Isles that has no national speed limit!

Lordharding

Magic 1000

Post by Lordharding » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:16 pm

Gets a lot faster after the first 12 k service
Then really loosens up after 20k
Mine is an animal after 36 months and 27k miles
Very flexible engine and gearbox ratio
The Nismo has landed and I Love it

wrinkly47

Magic 1000

Post by wrinkly47 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:43 pm

looking forward to getting a few more miles on the clock!

NissanGB

Magic 1000

Post by NissanGB » Thu May 12, 2016 10:40 am

wrinkly47 wrote:
The first 1000 miles has taken me quite some time to achieve due to recent weather conditions etc. I have followed the running in procedures to the letter more or less but now feel less restrained. So, it has just had its first taste of full throttle acceleration and performed to expectations. Ok it may not be the fastest car I have driven but it is the first turbo equipped one. The most surprising aspect is how the acceleration just keeps steady through the gears and reaches license losing speeds before you realise. I have the cvt model and perhaps I should have said `simulated` gears. At the time I was in sport mode and using auto mode rather than paddle shifts, No matter what. I am one very satisfied Nismo owner. Roll on July when I am taking the car (but not the better half) to the Isle of Man(the one place in the British Isles that has no national speed limit!
Hi wrinkly47,We're so glad to hear you're enjoying life in the NISMO. Be sure to take some pictures of your trip to the Isle of Man and share them with the group! Thanks ^BA
Nissan GB
Social Media Community Manager

Return to “Nismo Discussion”